IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the WRC guys have separate cars set up for the tarmac stages and dirt stages or do they have to use the same cars and change them between each stage?

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn that still sounds like alot of work. What do they get to do if they ball up a car? Can they use a spare or are they screwed for that round?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Gronholm wiped one pretty good by rolling down a hill last year or the year before. His team had to replace suspension and wheels on all 4 corners, both doors, basically the front clip body work and work on the roof and they supposedly had it running in a little over an hour.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for putting this in the wrong spot. I'll flog myself with wet toilet paper. I would love to see them fix something like that in that short amount of time. Amazing.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yeah they basically can rebuild the whole car from the parts out of their trailer. And they are pretty damn fast at it too. They have a 4 man crew. I saw in an interview where it said it only takes the 7 minutes to swap a whole tranny. I wonder why it takes the knuckleads at the dealership hours :p

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah its pretty amazing to look at the stuff they keep in the trailers. Pretty much anything they can mess up, so long as the car can make it back to pit. lol

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about when they wreck the cars (after watching that video of Pastrana roll his car like 10x). I'm thinking that car is completely unusable, and wouldn't the driver get in trouble for totalling an expensive car like that? But if they can rebuild it like that then I guess its not as bad a having to throw the whole car away.

·
Registered
230 Posts
ilikepie said:
Yeah they basically can rebuild the whole car from the parts out of their trailer. And they are pretty damn fast at it too. They have a 4 man crew. I saw in an interview where it said it only takes the 7 minutes to swap a whole tranny. I wonder why it takes the knuckleads at the dealership hours :p
For one, they got a number of people to do it. At the dealership, maybe only 1 or 2 and they work like snail. Why work so fast?

- Charles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts