IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seriously considering putting the Subaru WRC graphics on their STi?

I am. I'm holding out for blue just for that reason.

What is discouraging though is
a. the fact I've seen pics of cars with graphics I didn't like
b. I think I'd have to go all the way to get the desired look, and some of the decals might be hard to find.
c. If I find everything, who knows how it will look up close.
d. even if it looks great installed, how good will it look in 1 2 or 3 years.

If you guys have any experience on this, please give me tips.

I'm surprised that nobody has posted about this before (that I've seen).

·
Registered
273 Posts
There was a post a few months ago with a link to a site selling a whole WRC decal set. Do a search and I am sure u will find it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually, it used to be an option from Subaru!

Not sure if they still offer it, but there are Subaru WRC logo kits out there.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
netprofitsvcs - are you going to be rally racing? if not, why put graphics on? It adds weight and drag since the surface is no longer smooth. :wink:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Getting the basic Subaru WRC decal kit shouldn't be too difficult.
But, are you looking for all the decals? (like the ads and stuff?)
Because some of them might be very difficult or next to impossible to find, but I have seen Subarus in Japan that've done it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not going rally racing. I think the wrc subaru looks great.
since I'm not racing, if my car is .005 seconds slower around a track b/c it's not smooth, I think I'll survive. I imagine adding a subwoofer will slow me down too, I guess it's good I'm buying a really fast car to start with. I'm not looking to add all the decals, but some that come to mind in addition to the basic kit are: the Subaru hood decal, new sti decals to match the graphics, alpinestars, motul, brembo, kenwood and possibly some others. I only want decals that represent what is in MY car. But I also want them all to match.

I think that would set my car apart from everything else on the road fairly sufficiently. I just think it might look a little odd when I pull up to the grocery store or my church. I'd so love to see a car graphiced out in person before I spent this kind of money to do this.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Black on Gold...ooohhh baby!!

i like that spike logo on the side of the wings...

what is "spike"? (well at least it was in the 2002 year)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts