IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came home from a full track day at Gingerman, in south haven, Michigan. All I can saw is wow... The STi drove beautifully!! I went with my friends svtoa club and it was a great time. The instructor i had decided to set me up following the front wheel drive car line of the track, which basicly meant earlier apex's and alot of pushing out of turns. The STi was truely great on the track, my instructor even commented on the cars ability to stick. I really learned to find my limits and the limits of the car today. I recomend a track day to anyone who wants to learn alot about driving and alot about their cars!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Average age of STI owner.

Nice. I have been to track days in my Acura and they are great. Now that I have my STi, I am signed up for two track events: one at Texas World Speedway in November and the other at Motorsport Ranch in December (gotta love Texas weather). They are driving schools with instructors. You get four 20 minute sessions per day (Sat and Sun).

Was your event a one or two day event? Was it a technical or high speed road course?

Also, how did your breaks hold up? I understand they are really pricy for the pads. I was wondering if I would need an extra set at each event or if they would last the weekend? I know it all depends on driving style.

Cheers, Inferno

·
Registered
99 Posts
InfernoSTi said:
Also, how did your breaks hold up? I understand they are really pricy for the pads. I was wondering if I would need an extra set at each event or if they would last the weekend? I know it all depends on driving style.

Cheers, Inferno
Remember those wear items are covered for the first 3 years, so burn those suckas up and go to the dealer for some free new ones:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
bitabur said:
I should sincerely hope that you can't wear out your brakes during one frickin day at the track......
I have gone through a set of pads in one weekend at the track in my Acura so now I take a spare set (actually a half worn set I saved when I put new brakes on before an event) just in case I need them on the drive home. It can happen.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cheers, Inferno[/quote]
Remember those wear items are covered for the first 3 years, so burn those suckas up and go to the dealer for some free new ones:)[/quote]

I have read that before and need to check with my dealer. I am amazed they would do this considering the number of pads they would go through on someone's weekend road course car...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Neisius said:
InfernoSTi said:

Cheers, Inferno
Remember those wear items are covered for the first 3 years, so burn those suckas up and go to the dealer for some free new ones:)
Yeah, that might work the first time you go in ... but once it pops up a couple of times in suby's system (FHI's), I'm sure they're going to "black-list" so to speak, any warranty work you do ... they're not totally stupid ... they'll know your "abusing" the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my brakes put up fine. Gingerman is a high speed track. Almost all of the turns are above 50mph and I would get up to nearl 100-110 in the straights. I was not really pushing the car because it was my first time at this track and at the track with my car. I have 6000 miles on my car now and about 100 of them are on the track, my brakes are fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Change the brake fluid to ATE Super Blue, Motul, or another high temp fluid.

I got major fade toward the end of last weekend on the stock fluid. Should've changed it, but I got lazy. Ended up missing out on a session because of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts