IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
around 68-70 tonight and very chilly. holy crap this car likes it cold. From today when it was 90 to now when its high 60s ... its a HUGE difference. this thing will rocket up to 60. Man so who else is loving this colder weather? :)

Robert~

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yah man, here it dropped from 26c to 16c. my car is a total rocket at night time (12c), i can't believe how well the engine responds compared when driving from day to night.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice list of mods. Any pics?
And yes, the colder it gets, the more I hear my rev warning buzzer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now you guys know that the colder it gets, the faster a turbo engine is, right? Especially higher boost engines. Wait till January... LOL

M

·
0 Posts
Took mine out to highway 178 last night, the temp read 65, and the car was hammering through rally drivers paradise better than I've ever felt, :)

I am sure it's as much the cold weather as it is me getting used to the monster, but I think last night was one of the greatest moments of my life, hehehe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
what kind of exhausts, down pipes etc have people installed?

My WRX last year was ridiculous when it was really cold....like 10F and lower.....at night in January. Cold, dry air is very dense.....
I always wondered how/if the MAF could detect this and how/if the ECU compensated. Or, is that maybe why the car seems to be running so rich in the summer?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
478 Posts
So I think my ECU might be retarded, heh. The cold weather makes it run better but I think I am running really rich or something. It only seems to happen in cold weather, too. When it's in the 50's the idle is really rough (I can watch the shift knob shake every couple of seconds and really feel it through my seat). Later in the afternoon, when the temp is in the 70's, it's much better. In the mid-80's - - totally smooth.

·
Registered
452 Posts
a-pillar color ? anyone painted a gauge mount to match yet?

I, too, feel the cold air-induced performance improvement. I very much enjoyed my drive home last night with the temperature hovering 20'C.

I don't know whether anyone else noticed this, but when the air is humid and warm, the car seems to choke almost... I find the engine noise to be rather different as well. This obviously is hard to describe / record, but I swear it sounds different and feels sluggish to a noticeable degree...

-Rich

·
Registered
77 Posts
it was 60s this morning on my drive to school... WOW, the STi engine really does love the colder air. There was actually a real difference in the way the car felt

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just look at cold weather as mother nature's way of providing us with one massive FMIC :lol:

Scott

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
agent.STi said:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bliz101/lst?&.dir=/STI+MODS&.src=ph&.view=t&start=1&.rand=91625054875

there ya go :) (also Turbo XS HPBC, Perrin Pulley, and Radiator shroud come in this week).

Robert~
Robert,

:eek:

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful engine. Any write up explaining mods and gains from them would greatly be appreciated. BTW, what kind of tires are those?

Dan[/quote]

This should bea good start, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. HPBC goes on today :).

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2876 - Strut bar

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3031 - 245/40ZR 17 Kuhmo Ecsta MXs

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3022 - Perrin Short Ram Intake

Those are kinda just short reviews, but if you want it more indepth on installation / cons and pros / etc... just lmk. I finally have the STI tech manuals (thanks to 4MLA1FN), so I can do a pretty thurough write up.

Robert`

Robert~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts