IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its dumping here.. I'd say there is a good foot outside at least.

I'll put some pic's up later tonight of my car in the street...with the snow higher than the door frame...had to push snow out of th e way to get the door open.

on the good side this car is awesome in the snow... I did have that brake issue people were talking about (I had no brakes...) but if I keep them warm they worked fine.

There was trucks and cars stuck all over the place... I even made it out of my super steep driveway no problem.

I Need a video camera haha..I was doing donughts in the parking lot earlier...although s uper slow donughts...(to much snow to push around)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sweet! That's awesome to see your car actually out in this weather. :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea looks burried doesn't it? it hopped right out of there though..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My tires are Blizzaks the soft 95mph rated ones..they kick ass so far.

I also got Rota Tarmak II's for winter rims.

the stock tires are straight worthless in the snow...blizzaks are tons better.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Sweet! I'm looking to make that change, as well!

Tarmac IIs and Blizzak LM-22s in about a week. :D

I'll post my pictures from this past weekend. . . coming down from Crystal Mountain was beautiful! :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Living in an area where it snows less than an inch per year.... it is almost unfathomable that people can drive in those conditions!

Looks like a lot of fun tho, ;)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
mistkerl said:
it is almost unfathomable that people can drive in those conditions!
Unfortunately, it is unfathomable for some of the people trying it! :-? What part of "don't drive 70 and tailgate in the snow and ice" is so difficult that it's not common sense??

Looks like a lot of fun tho, ;)
Snow can be a lot of fun. Generally its the idiots who literally can't make themselves slow down and adapt to the circumstances that make life miserable for everyone. Almost had a 2-wheel drive pickup with an empty bed and no traction devices hit me one year in snowy/icy conditions. He was impatient with me for going a prudent speed, and after tailgating me for awhile, he just whipped it into the other lane. Needless to say, he lost it and just started spinning circles until he landed on the center divider. He came within an inch of hitting me when he first spun. If he had, I seriously would have dragged him out of his pickup and buried him in the snow. If he wants to take himself out, no problem. Leave me and my loved ones out of it. :evil:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea there is quite a few morons that seem to drive just as stupid in the snow as they do when its
dry out. There is plenty of my friends I wont get in the car with them in the snow.

I really have no problems handling the car in the snow.. stopping is the hardest part.. I just make sure to leave tons of space and I downshift a lot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's a pic of a friends S2000 burried..

·
Registered
586 Posts
Radio Shack Subie

URABUS_WRXSTi said:
Yea there is quite a few morons that seem to drive just as stupid in the snow as they do when its
dry out. There is plenty of my friends I wont get in the car with them in the snow.
You're calling your friends stupid morons?!? :eek:

Jus' giving a hard time, I know what it's like. My friend B likes to rally drift through every turn in the snow. It gets old real quick and on long drives my hands get pretty numb from grabbing the side of the seat and the "Oh Jeezus" handle. :-?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
FYI, you can delete any one of your posts by clicking the button that looks like this:

It only appears on your own posts unless you're a moderator....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts