IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
IF you're planning on building a track car, or a highly modded car it's sort of a good deal.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
yea but if you were planning on building a track car then it wouldnt matter if it had 10K miles or 15 miles on it would it? id rather pay 23K for a car with 10K miles then a car with all the parts missing.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Wow! Damn those kids with their wrenches!

Bottom line is you could probably go there and negotiate for less. If they're putting it on ebay, they know they won't be able to get a good price locally. I don't see this one selling on ebay for the price they're asking.

IMO, assuming their's no body damage: If you plan on going bigger turbo/fmic, getting a new head unit (the stock 6disc kind of sucks anyway), getting some nice bride seats. it's worth it. You'd probably still come out on top, give or take a couple grand.

Its funny because they say aspen white w/ gold wheels. But there are no wheels. So add wheels into the equation. You're still saving money on stuff you are replacing anyway.

·
Registered
685 Posts
i think its worth it, 31k new with all the parts , 23 with out, bbs with tires from dealer is 3800 ( list , i know trust me) seats are like 1400 or so each

i would get some aftermarket wheels and seats, better tmic and a hu and stock cluster and your set , prob save atleast 3 grand . .
but heres the thing, im sure the title says salvage or the like . .

·
Registered
451 Posts
wow...totally not worth it.

yeah there are lots of things you can see are missing, as other people have posted..but i bet there are lots of other things missing not in the pictures.

if i had to bet, i'd say the wiring harnesses for all of that are ripped out. (gauge cluster, radio etc). why do i say this?? either

1) they broke in and stole the stuff as it sits, so they wouldnt have enought time to mess with a stupid harness. this probably means some/most of the dash is damaged

2) they physically took the car to do the work at their leasure...which means those 15 miles are going to be "drive it like you stole it" and not likely to be broken in correctly.

that wasnt a link to a car auction, it was a link to a headache auction.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.