IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have the cobb v101 new map becuase i was getting the boost spike code thing and this map is working fine until today when in S# mode and i couldnt get it past 9psi.. no matter what.. so i reset the ECU and now it works fine? and also has anyone had a little bit of greyish maybe little blue in it smoke come out the exhaust at startup?

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
9psi almost sounds like wastegate boost. Did you throw a code on the new map?

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
The ECU has a series of safety measures. The most severe safety measure is shut off boost control (forcing wastegate pressure) and pulling mad amounts of timing.

If you got to this point, you need to get your car tuned or figure out if you have a leak somewhere.

Tony

·
Registered
769 Posts
? Do you have a DP?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Peculiar. Wish I could help but my limited knowledge of the subject has expired. In other words, good luck.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I dont think stage 2 will help ya. I have the same problem on my car but its an 07 checked everything and I dont see or hear any leaks plus im stage 2 catless but i get 12.5 PSI. Maybe our turbos are going already? I think you overboosted and the car went into limp mode though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i had this problem on the evo and it was the cat. running too rich for some reason.
How'd you manage to fix it a good tuner? I'm about to go try AMR in new york or XXtuning in connecticut who evers cheaper. LOL

yes i did throw a overboost code. so but how do i fix this and yes sometimes it does feel like car is in limp mode.
I've been reading around on this forum saying that the Cobb v1.00 causes overboosting problems and makes your car go into limp mode and v1.01 fixes this.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am already stage 2 and only seeing 12.5 no leaks that I can find either. I guess a protune will help them find mechanical problems easier but I dont wanna waste $450 bucks just to fix more crap. I tried the dealership they didn't know what was wrong and told me when I was stock that 11-13.8 PSI is within the range SOA gave them so I'm within specs.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
I am already stage 2 and only seeing 12.5 no leaks that I can find either. I guess a protune will help them find mechanical problems easier but I dont wanna waste $450 bucks just to fix more crap. I tried the dealership they didn't know what was wrong and told me when I was stock that 11-13.8 PSI is within the range SOA gave them so I'm within specs.
are you running the LC system with your stg 2 set up? i seen people set it higher than 4500rpm and used the lc system and didnbt go past 13-14psi. and he reflashed it and it was all good.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Totally off-topic, but man! That is one traumatized kitty cat, Cr8zyJAP07!

not totally because after my friend used his launch control he couldnt go past like 12~13psi and he reflashed it and it was a beast again lol. and i was just explaining some stuff. i guess i got a little off topic i tend to do that some times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts