IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the catback yesterday and installed last night. I took pics, but there are some on the website so I won't bother; need to get vids though.

There is an issue with hardware and I'm waiting for a response from WORX tuning, so I won't address that.

Impressions: good finish, beefy hangers and overall good fitment. Nice rumble at idle and really nice sound when opened up; this is with stock DP/UP. I am glad I chose the simple almost stock looking configuration for the slashed tip as it really looks subtle.

If you're looking for a minimal mod unrelated to a TBE for an improved sound purpose, this would be a good choice. Also, it's 3" all the way if/when you decide to do a DP.

Thanks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
nice, i was actually looking at getting their downpipe cuz i like the divorced wastegate design...

but still trying to save up for my ap.:(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump for update

After speaking with Mike, I was shorted a part bag with the WORX Tuning catback which contained the necessary hardware to replace the stock nuts/bolts/washers for the down to mid pipe. Also, there was a flange to flange gasket which allows you to remove the remaining ball/socket piece from the stock downpipe to make the fitment better.

I bought replacement 5/16" 2.5" bolts, washers and nuts and used the existing springs to make the attachment. I did have to reverse the normal orientation of the stock bolts to clear the flexible flange on the midpipe. Luckily 10 years of on the fly fabbing experience helped a lot :D

No leaks resulted and Mike said he would send out a replacement parts bag as soon as he could get one. Because the units are packaged elsewhere, the parts bag is not readily available off the shelf.

I'll say again it's a good piece, great sound and fitment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts