IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: i must have this

I've heard someone saying that it's the best one for the WRX/STi...better than HKS, turboXS etc...

http://www.worxtuning.com

what do u guys think??.....same as the rest??

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think the look of it is nuts... but as far as the actual functionality is concerned I dont know.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i liked it when i had mine, but I dont know how its "better" then other BOVs... seemed to act the same other then the fact you canadjust it easily by turning a little piece of metal near the top. As for looks, ya itwas awsome everyone at the car show thought it was a stock piece lol (had it in wrinkle red). The bov doesnt sound at all like their clips which was dissapointing... although I dont know how long it takes to break it in like they said *Shrug*. For what you're paying I'd like to hope its #1

Robert~

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
STiLL said:
I've heard someone saying that it's the best one for the WRX/STi...better than HKS, turboXS etc...

http://www.worxtuning.com

what do u guys think??.....same as the rest??

The Worx BOV is of top notch build quality, like all the other Worx products that are out so far. This alone probably sets the Worx BOV apart from other brands. Unlike the other BOV's(even other recirculating hybrid BOV's), the Worx BOV always recirculates first then dumps into atmosphere(which is also 5 way adjustable) when used as a dual stage BOV. What does this mean? Basically, it actually helps to prevent the exhaust 'pops' and stalling you might get with other BOV's...and, at times, may even feel more responsive between shifts. The Worx can also function as a 100% atmosphere BOV as well, it comes with covers to cap off both the BOV and the recirc. line.

I have yet come across a very unhappy owner of one of these BOV's. I, myself, already have future plans to purchase the Worx TMIC and BOV simultaneously whenever the UTEC is released for the STi.

As a side note, Mike(owner of the silver STi on their website) at Worx Tuning told me that the next products they'll be releasing will be their manual boost controller and downpipe. They also have a brake upgrade kit for the STi which includes upgraded front rotors and full SS lines which is slated for release this week! He also said that their intakes for the WRX/STi are just about ready for release as well. Stay tuned, I know I will...

-STiLL
***BTW...nice name "STiLL" :wink:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
***BTW...nice name "STiLL"
haha...thx..hey not bad yourself... :D
...thx for all the info..really helped a lot...btw..i know BOV aren't suppose to be very good for the car..but after one purchases the UTEC, would a BOV make a difference then??..would it help more?? or just be good for sound and useless for everything else...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
BOV's not being 'good' for the car has been a very controversial topic ever since BOV's became readily available in the aftermarket. I can't give you a definite answer to this because everyone has their own opinions and/or theorioes about BOV's. I personally don't see anything bad about having a BOV, especially the Worx. Depending on how it's used, it can be very effective on a relatively stock engine/turbo with gains in response between shifts(on/off boost transitions) not to mention keeping stock day-to-day driveability.

As for gains(I'm assuming you mean in HP), even if you do have aftermarket engine management, a BOV will not play a big role in gains unless you have an upgraded turbo. Only then will you see a NEED for an aftermarket BOV to moderate the on/off boost transitions from a higher output turbo.

-STiLL

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Re: Speaker moisture protection

I have the WorxTuning BOV and I got 300 miles on my last tank of gas, al freeway with traffic. My gas mileage has not changed and the BOV is a work of art. I would HIGHLy recommend it. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts