IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Worm,

Is it true , or do you have any info regarding the rumour that we will not get ANY of the engine enhancements of the MY03 JDM STi ?.

I was specifically referring to the cast pistons and the twin scroll turbo among other things.

I can live without the DCCD if I absolutely had to... but the Twin Scroll... :cry:

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks !

·
Registered
75 Posts
The DCCD is supposedly out, but is being considered a future option. Twin-scroll turbo looks good! Also expect higher HP numbers than my previously quoted 261HP. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the prompt reply Worm!!!

That's Awesome!. I guess we should find out HP figures in the next 2 months or so.

Can't wait!

:D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Worm,

The DCCD is supposedly out, but is being considered a future option.
I can understand that DCCD will not make it to the 2004MY car, but is there a possibility that this "future option" will show itself in North America (I'm in Canada) for the 2005MY?

If so, I may be able to hold off for one (LONG) year if it means getting the full tricked out JDM gadgetry!

Patience...patience :-?

·
Registered
75 Posts
To far to say Hadoken, 2005 is a busy year in itself. The Legacy gets a turbo and a redesign. I would expect if STi sales meet or exceed projections it would increase the likelyhood of better goodies in the future.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone know how the STI key looks like?????????

You know, getting the DCCD is like having the Tarmac/Gravel/Snow option in the EVOVII, its one of the defining element for the new WRX Sti...

Think about it...using AWD when you launch, change to FR-biased setting when you are on a row...even with the drivetrain lost...the handling will improve...

I won't buy any Sti that dont have DCCD...The turbo is actually ok since it improves the power output only, not the handling, which, for WRX, is usually being critized on being a little bit in the understeering side..

Anybody got links that comments on DCCD??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts