IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone:

Finally i just purchased my blue/gold sti a week ago after i trade in my white 2.5rs.. its an amazing car and i'm loving it... This is my first post in this website... i was wonderening about the break.. i keep hearing sound everytime i push slowly on the break and i sometimes hear another sound like the sound you hear when you leave your hand break on :eek: .. so i was wondering if you guys had these sounds when you bought your cars :roll: .. thanks for the help.. :wink:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ace impact...

totally common.it's because of the brembo brake setup.under light braking you may hear some squeeking/growning but under med.to hard braking no noise.i've found that downshifting and sliding works much better than braking :wink: just normal for out beasts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sound a lot better... but lots of friends told me that i need to change the pads cuz they were only made to let the people buy the car and they will melt fast and affect on the disc.. also lots of people suggested that i should go with endless brake kit instead of brembo.. most of thses people own evo's and some own sti.. i wonder what to do..

·
Registered
347 Posts
pads melting? c'mon. the stock set-up is pretty high performance, more than enough for street driving. if you're going to do some track days, think about changing the pads, but the system is more than up it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm 22.. i dunno too much about brakes thats y i'm seeking for advise.. i've seen couple of evo's brakes going bad and i know my brake is the same so i wondered .. but thx for the help.. if any one has coment let me know :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
bahlool....

Welcome! Nice pick on the STi. I've had mine a few months now and can tell you the stock pads are fine for street driving. I drive mine very hard and have no issues at all. As norcal-sti said, it you are going to spend some time auto-crossing or on a track, then you may want to consider swapping pads.

·
Registered
60 Posts
wait hold on. you guy's say'n to downgrade the pads for autocrossing? I was thinking about changing to a more aggresive pad!

rick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
today and again that sound that sound like the hand brake in on came again.. this sound doesnt come all the time.. so i'm still wonder.. if anyone knows anything about it.. pls let me know
thx

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey man i have this same noise like if the hand brake was pulled i only hear it when i am going to make a full stop like from 10 mph to 0 mph i took it to the dealer and they said the pads were ok please help?? if i change my break pads will it work /?? any advice ?? thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts