IW STi Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3273 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Without the “Ambassador” mask on

It's sad to see such a harsh situation brought upon such a stand up human being but c'est la vie I suppose. Great to see you're doing well again and I really look forward to whatever project you set to next. Godspeed!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Lachute Phoenix RaceCar:...... PASMAG Magazine / Subiefestival 2014 - Official Vi

Sorry about your ordeal but this is why I don't trust ANY shop...they are a business, first and foremost.

Secondly, how the eff do you drop $100k in LEASED CARS????????????????? WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING/OVERLOOKING THIS?????????????????????????????????????????

As great as this build is, anyone who knew Marc and his dedication, knew this car is only in its first revision and potentially 60% of the final form.

Lachute is only a builder of performer cars, it's just their nature. Marc was past that, he had a vision, a drive and a lot of creativity that shop won't have.
So...don't get me wrong, it was a heck of a build but I don't understand the "creative," "vision," etc comments...Almost nothing was unique...it was all bolt-ons anyone could buy.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Re: Lachute Phoenix RaceCar:...... PASMAG Magazine / Subiefestival 2014 - Official Vi

Sorry about your ordeal but this is why I don't trust ANY shop...they are a business, first and foremost.

Secondly, how the eff do you drop $100k in LEASED CARS????????????????? WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING/OVERLOOKING THIS?????????????????????????????????????????

So...don't get me wrong, it was a heck of a build but I don't understand the "creative," "vision," etc comments...Almost nothing was unique...it was all bolt-ons anyone could buy.
Let me see, what is your "bolt on" vision or otherwise? And so on the expense spent on a lease car. It's all moot at this point.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Honored to be a part of this epic build, and look forward to helping in your future projects.

If a fire can't stop Marc, I doubt this will either. Keep it up.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Leased car because it could be put through the business (tax rebates etc), probably beyond the scope of your knowledge.

Acrually, read through the thread again. Several of the parts he chose, in collaboration with some vendors/companies, were prototype or one-of-a-kind parts. Also some parts were modified/fabricated especially for this car.

I don't think you're quite in a reputable position to comment unless you have some 'unique' car builds of your own to show for...

·
Registered
126 Posts
So let me get this straight...if I bought an STi and put the whole thing on loan (let's say $38k, ttr) and then immediately dropped it off at a shop, to have someone else do all of the work, and stick $70k+ into it, then lost my job and had the car repo'd, it would be a "sad story" not a, "you're an idiot for not spending the money on ACTUALLY OWNING the car before modding it???"

There's a thing called being responsible. I don't care if it was a business expense....you're sticking tens of thousands of dollars into something that IS NOT YOURS.

Hate on me all you want, but you know it's the truth.......

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

So let me get this straight...if I bought an STi and put the whole thing on loan (let's say $38k, ttr) and then immediately dropped it off at a shop, to have someone else do all of the work, and stick $70k+ into it, then lost my job and had the car repo'd, it would be a "sad story" not a, "you're an idiot for not spending the money on ACTUALLY OWNING the car before modding it???"

There's a thing called being responsible. I don't care if it was a business expense....you're sticking tens of thousands of dollars into something that IS NOT YOURS.

No sense arguing with an idiot.

None of what you just posted is accurate to the situation. You are making assumptions that give the impression that you are ignorant.

Come back when you have something to actually show for. Until then, just stop wasting everyone's time posting nonsense you know nothing about.

Destructive criticism is only made worse when it is done with an ignorant and blinded perspective, both of which you have mastered in your posts in this thread.

Go troll a Honda forum to get some responses that will more accurately reflect your level of thought process.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Tax rules are different in Canada than in the US. It makes financial sense for people with businesses to do this. He had evey intention of keeping & owning the car in the long run, it was done this way as a tax write off.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Sorry for being late to the party, I've been busy with work. And I'm terrible at looking on iwsti.

I am truly a loss for words for Marc. I just wish I had a chance to talk to him between that time period. I can't believe Marc mentioned my name when I haven't talked to him in 6 months, because I lost his number. I remember the many nights where I was stuck in camp and would be talking to Marc not only about cars, about life and everything in between. Marc has paid a huge part in my build, he inspired me to do somethings I would never thought about doing. I just have to say I'm just shocked what Lachute did to one of there most loyal customer. I guess this shows that Lachute is all business and doesn't care about the customers. I just completely shocked that one of the craziest build is gone to a shop. Marc would respond to everybody, no matter who you were. It just sucks that someone that nice, had something happen so bad. I would definitely like to finish my build in Marc's name.

I can't wait to see your next project, I know it will be bigger and badder.

From your favorite Panda,
Quincy

·
Registered
891 Posts
So I was sitting at work today and thought "I wonder how Marc and The Pheonix are doing?" Holy shit man, wasnt expecting this!! Super bummed to hear about the car and the way shit went down.

But as others have said, its just a car in the end and peoples true colors will always eventually shine. Move on and move forward brother.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Marc,

8 Months after hearing your story, I'm glad to finally check back in and see you bring it all to light. I only hope the community is able to look at the situation as if they were in that boat -- and think if they would want to do business with that kind of shop.

I'll say this -- dirty ass maneuver by a business. This is what keeps me away from owning a shop and why I elected to work for a car manufacturer instead. I've probably pissed off some people in my day and earned the title of elitist. But when it comes to character, morals and making decisions that transcend business -- I feel like I've already proved my stance in this community and I'm sure even Kevin remembers that facts are my mainstay. The part where Julien's parents own the dealership you leased the car from smells like shit to me. The timing they used was more of a calculated maneuver and less of a proper business decision -- most competent businesses cannot move that fast, which to me infers that they premeditated the whole deal.

Sadly, I know the truth doesn't shut down speed shops. It doesn't matter how many customer cars are parted out on premises, how many engines are grenaded by "tuners" who do not understand fundamentals of engine calibration, it wouldn't matter if the owner of a shop had a reputation of raping customer wives -- I've learned that the speed hungry customer will go wherever is convenient to get what they think they want and to fit into a crowd.

Business isn't clean even on the OEM side. That's just the world we live in Bro. Cheers to you for being a person who will tell his story. Call me when you have time.

Edwin

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Marc,

8 Months after hearing your story, I'm glad to finally check back in and see you bring it all to light. I only hope the community is able to look at the situation as if they were in that boat -- and think if they would want to do business with that kind of shop.

Short answer is NO.

Yes this world has become a ruthless corporation, days of loyalty trust and honour are well and truly over. However, there is still a place for integrity and honour, there are still people out there, practicing the human code. Unfortunately Lachute is not one of them. If they are the last Subaru shop on the universe, I will buy another car instead of going there. This last bit is my personal opinion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
this makes me sad, I hate that they did that. I myself have gotten screwed out of a car in similar fashion, it made me not want to out source anything, which has pushed me to be more of a DIYer and buy more tools, it has made my build take longer, but in the end I will have the ability to say that I built her myself. But it is sad that this happens, being a car guy I could never do that to someone, I would feel like such a douche.

All The Best to you Marc

P.S. if you do build that IAG Built STI be sure to pull into Lachutes parking lot and roast the tires off her!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts