IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this has been talked to death already but here is what I was offered by my local Subaru Dealer today.

4 BBS gold rims and 4 225/45R17 Blizzaks, comes installed and balanced for $2600 plus tax Can funds. Is that too much or can better be found elsewhere? The gold BBS rims mean the look of the car won't change. Any comments?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yikes.....kinda pricey for a set of winter wheels if you ask me.

I just ordered a set of Rota Tarmac IIs for winter wheels....same size as the BBSs for $650 shipped. Ordered from Subydude.com

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unreliable dealers...

So what would it come out too with the tires and instalation for you guys?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Stereo

turbs said:
...here is what I was offered by my local Subaru Dealer today...
Dealers are insane!
The only time to buy through them is if you have an insurance claim.

Check out Wheels Direct on Sheppard near McCowan for rims, and shop around for tires depending on who has the best price on whatever brand you dicide on.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
turbs said:
4 BBS gold rims and 4 225/45R17 Blizzaks, comes installed and balanced for $2600 plus tax Can funds. Is that too much or can better be found elsewhere? The gold BBS rims mean the look of the car won't change. Any comments?
Are those the stock BBS rims? Because in Canadian funds I don't think $2600 with tires is too bad a price since I see the stock BBSs normally going for around $800US each.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news! "ClearBra" now available in So. Cal!!

It would come to about $1900 US for the whole package with the W50 Blizzaks. I know dealers have a high mark up but if you take in the delivery charge for both rims and tires seperately plus then having to install them I was wondering if it was easier to get them from the dealer. Just trying to figure what the price difference is with dealer and aftermarket. With the dealer it's a one stop deal, so I wonder if it's worth the extra few hundred bucks. Plus once I know the aftermarket price I might be able to knock off a few bucks from the dealer.

Can someone please let me know the total price for winter wheels with tires and instalation?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I honestly don't think that is a bad deal for a set of STOCK BBSs and Blizzaks, mounted and balanced. I am looking at $650 for the wheels I want plus about $130 a tire for the Dunlops, add on tax, shipping, mounting and balancing also. So for a set of stock BBSs that seems like a great deal. If I could get that at my dealer I would probably do it because like you said it would be a one stop deal.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wheels - $650 shipped
Tires - $540 shipped (Pirelli PZero Nero Ultra High-Po Allseasons)
Mounting - eh...whatever

so roughly $1200 for the extra set of wheels and tires for winter. But add a set of race rubber in the summer and they are double duty wheels.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Law of Catalytic Converters

Another factor I also have to add in is delivery, being in Canada there would be extra charges and possibly a fee at customs. This is getting to be a tough call, and winter is coming.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
turbs said:
... and winter is coming.
Isn't that the truth. I was just checking the 10 day forcast for my area and they are predicting lows in the 30's next week. :eek: It's still early but I would like to have mine by Thanksgiving. I drove home to Michigan twice in a blizzrard for that holiday so to be safe I want to have my winter setup ready to go by then just encase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts