IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the sway threads are out of hand but this is verry specific. I am about to switch my sways but really want to hear from guys who spend some time on snow how much they feel this may or may not affect my cars dynamics on bad roads.
I use the car to go skiing every single weekend and will be running LM-25s or similar and keeping stock springs on till spring. My concern is the loss of some independence in situations where uneven or snowy roads may upset the car due to roll stiffness.
As an aditional variable I have to put the big ski rack up there and move the roll center way way up by doing that so the bars would probably help that situation.
Basicly deciding if the sways go on now or wait till spring.

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wont run anything more agressive than a performance winter tire since its sunny and nice in denver 8/10 days just see some weather going up the hill to ski.
Its a toss up as the box on top of the car makes it roll bad or at least it affected body roll in every other performance car i have had and this thing is aready prone to that anyway. But im worried about reduced compliance on cruddy surfaces getting me in trouble at higher speeds.

· Registered
8,392 Posts
^^Sway bars increase load on the tire. You dont want that on a low traction surface. They also reduce the 'independent-ness' of the suspension. Obviously you dont want that in cruddy, thick conditions either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.