IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing my tires and rims for the winter, rather than removing my tires and than remounting them again. I'm looking for something cheap that doesn't look to bad. any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm in the same boat, it would be good to just be able to change wheels on the fly. Then of course there are track days... oh the $$ we can spend on this damn car!

Then I really want some 18" BBS RE's, but I will have to wait until the tread wears off of my potenzas which could take at least another summer. I guess that helps so I don't spend my money to fast eh? OH wait, maybe I can burn them up on the track and not worry about taking so long to wear them out ;)

Does anyone else have any theories along those lines?

·
Registered
993 Posts
See if Tire Rack has any ASA wheels left. I think the JA something wheel was about $100 each. Many people use them for a winter setup. I use Rota Torques that I bought used.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Save up and buy a real nice set of wheels for the summer and use the stockers for winter.

·
Registered
233 Posts
A winter Rota setup from Subydude will only be a couple hundred more than ASAs from Tirerack. I think it is worth it as most the Rotas look a lot better. I just ordered SDRs and Blizzaks today. I would say don't wait until November to order a winter set-up cause everyone will be out of the good tires. I went thru that last year.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I put the snow tires on the stockers and have the Works for the good weather.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mikael1052 said:
A winter Rota setup from Subydude will only be a couple hundred more than ASAs from Tirerack. I think it is worth it as most the Rotas look a lot better. I just ordered SDRs and Blizzaks today. I would say don't wait until November to order a winter set-up cause everyone will be out of the good tires. I went thru that last year.

What did it run ya?....looked at those rims, looks like they would do the job.
shipping cost? thanks alot.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
bump. I am looking for some ideas too.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The ASA JH3's are the cheapest rims out there for the sti. The rotas are a little more, but still cheap. I don't like the JH3's so i went with rota boosts for winter. see pic link in sig...

·
Registered
233 Posts
LOUIE NJ said:
What did it run ya?....looked at those rims, looks like they would do the job.
shipping cost? thanks alot.
Well, Subydude had been offering free shipping on here for summer packages under the vendor deals section. I asked if they would honor that for a winter setup and they obliged. I think I got a couple bucks off beyond that so it was $1349.25 for gun metallic 17x7.5 SDRs with 225 Blizzak LM-25s mounted, balanced, and shipped with lugs. Not the deal to end all deals but the completeness of it was attractive.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Rotas would be a good choice. There is another wheel brand called Raze and they have 17s in STi fitment, and costs about $120/wheel IIRC. Check edgeracing.com as they have best prices on those wheels as far as I've seen.

I'm gonna be using stockers with LM-22s in winter, and GL 57F's with RT-615's in summer :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Kirv said:
The ASA JH3's are the cheapest rims out there for the sti. The rotas are a little more, but still cheap. I don't like the JH3's so i went with rota boosts for winter. see pic link in sig...

i got the jh3's for 79$ each and dont regret it at all..my car seeing alot of snow when i go skiiing so i wanted some wheels i can seriously not worry about

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Rota is the way to go man. I got some Torques (gunmetal) for 600-700 bucks from OAKOS and they are pretty cool. Put some LM 25's on it and the car is sick in the snow. I think I drive the car ten times crazier in the winter. I am also very surprised on how good the LM's are in the dry.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Once Christmas comes around, I'll be using the stockers for the winter, and then ordering the Prodrive GC-05F's for the spring/summer/fall.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Tirerack is offering (4) Blizzak LM-25's with ASA JH3 wheels for $1,008.00. Is this a decent deal?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts