IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That was a good read...very informative. Have ya'll noticed, that as time has progressed, the comparos of the two cars has slowly begun favoring the handling of the STi over the EVO. Whereas, in the past, it was the EVO coming away a clear winner. Now, it's a bit hazy. Regardless, I chose the STi for brute power. Forget handling, forget looks, GIMME POWER.....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I also find it funny that more of the articles I've read lately have said that the evo's interior is nicer.... usually just refering to the recaros, and once a mention of the steering wheel...

Kinda funny... I guess that just means don't trust car reviewers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whiplash306 said:
That was a good read...very informative. Have ya'll noticed, that as time has progressed, the comparos of the two cars has slowly begun favoring the handling of the STi over the EVO. Whereas, in the past, it was the EVO coming away a clear winner. Now, it's a bit hazy. Regardless, I chose the STi for brute power. Forget handling, forget looks, GIMME POWER.....
Yea, it seems like most drivers need a bit more time to get a feel for the limits of the STi where as as they are more comfortable going faster in the Evo at first. However, once they have had some driving time behind the STi their times are faster or identical to the Evo on either tarmac or gravel. The article didnt suprise me that they thought the STi was better in the snow though. This machine does rock in the snow :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Arkansas

funny that this reviewer like the evos interior better. kinda opposite of what most mags report.

i read an evo/sti comparo in sport compact and surprisingly the sti was quicker in lap times but slower in the slalom? go figure. both these cars are too cool 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts