IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just did this the other day,haven't put in the 3rd brake light yet. took about 20 minutes,and that was only because the lock was giving me hell and it was like 30 degrees out :-? looks waaaaaaaaaay nicer to me, i love my car even more now.........

(i have new plates now,oh and it's dropped on tanabe gf210))

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like it and have been considering doing this to my blue/silver but I do not have the stones to rip the wing off of her. Evertime I look at it there is just something about that wing that I like. I must admit that it does look nice without it though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks great man! :) I think the thing I like most about removing the spoiler is that you can see the mean curve on the trunk lid...you definitely miss out on that with the wing on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sweet, did you replace the trunk or just take off the wing, I am going to replace my trunk lid with a CF lid if I can find one for a decent price

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Looks good! I was torn at first, decided to stay with the wing, but I do like the wingless look too. As wrx sti 04 says, you can really see the shape of the trunk w/o the wing...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Once again, I think I'll be the only dissenting opinion here:

Maybe it's because I've gotten so used to it being there but it just doesn't look right without the wing.

I love that wing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MINE's spoiler next! go go go!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mines will be coming:) i just traded trunk lids, the other guy had no time, did this in like 15 minutes. i did switch the locks and got the 3rd brake light :) i think the car look ssoooo much better. i like dthe spoiler to,but i prefer a clean look. don't really care about sleeper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sweet car, but sorry just not an STi without the rear wing. I prefer the rally look of the big wing. Looks unbalanced to me with a bus stop scoop on the front and no wing in the back. Mine is staying on. Chicks dig wings!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude i only traded the wing not the motor, dccd,turbo,exhaust,interior,tranny,or anything else that makes up my sti. . get over it, i just gto rid of my wing, it still goes fast as hell,and handles the same. not trying to argue, everyone has their opinion. as long as you build your car to your tastes, screw what other people think. it was my 31k that bought the car. it's still a sti bro. look at the spec c, no wing.... :roll:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
munky69 said:
just did this the other day,haven't put in the 3rd brake light yet. took about 20 minutes,and that was only because the lock was giving me hell and it was like 30 degrees out :-? looks waaaaaaaaaay nicer to me, i love my car even more now. and it feels just fine at 130+mph,i take turns at the same speed. it was actually a little harder for me to throw the ass out last night,anyway here's a couple of pics.........
"Nothing to be proud of Rusty"

-st

·
Registered
586 Posts
those SCANS are fm.

I think the car looks worlds better without that obnoxious wing.
Maybe next you could do something about the cheesegrater hoodscoop.

I'm not trashing STis, I love everything about the car, especially the styling, except for the wing and the scoop.

I will be getting one when I can find a decent used one.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I did a wing I really like -> http://www.do-luck-usa.com/skyline.html
It's a CF unit made for Skylines.

BTW, I'd never used those avatars to the left <-- but I think they're pretty sweet.
I just sized a bit of my car wallpaper collection (249 pics) to avatar size.
PM me if anyone is interested is them, I have just about every car you can imagine.

- Matt

·
Registered
586 Posts
The 249 wallpapers I prepped are 734Kb in Win.Zip.
I can could add a few hundred more pics.

Is there any way I could post that Zip file on this forum?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts