IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Covered the rear wing with flat black vinyl then installed a wing brace. Opinions?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like the vinyl.... not the brace.... doesn't fit....where did u get the vinyl..?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own a vinyl business. The bottom support is not done yet, still have an idea or two. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I like the vinyl, but the wing brace just ain't doing it for me.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I like the vinyl and the brace. Good job. The bottom part needs a cover tho. Does it help with wing vibration at speed?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Insane06STi said:
Props for being original, not my cup of tea.
+1 I like you idea but not the looks.. After completing a cross country trip and having my wing "De-laminate" because of vibration and the road bumps, I think the brace is a great idea!

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I'm putting three of the black Perrin braces in my wing for the rally wing look. I like the black vinyl covering but the brace doesn't look right. The construction is nice quality but something about the tubular shape just doesn't fit. IMHO of course.

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
Turbineguy said:
I'm putting three of the black Perrin braces in my wing for the rally wing look. I like the black vinyl covering but the brace doesn't look right. The construction is nice quality but something about the tubular shape just doesn't fit. IMHO of course.
where can i find these?!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Can you post some more pics of the whole car from the rear? I like the vinyl and wanna see how it looks as whole. wing brace... I dunno :p

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
La Mer said:
where can i find these?!
Call Perrin. They're supposed to update their site with them but haven't yet. Kinda steep at ~$160 each but it's cheaper than 13k for a Prodrive wing.:tdown: I'll see if I have a pic of them for you. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT: wi77iam is right. Oakos has em and for cheap too.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
^^That's pretty much it. Just add two more for the rally wing look. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
160 buckssssssss?!?!?!?!?!??! 143 at OAKOS but still?!?!?!??! Screw that. I was about to order two but at this price NOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!

Anyhow, nice job with the vinyl but that wing brace has to go man. At least try making the triangle follow the "flow", make it point backwards instead of forward. I like the carbon shaft round stock; how did you mount that to the top of the wing??

Anyhow, when I think about it, better that than $300 for two Perrin braces. Sick pricing man, sick.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts