IW STi Forum banner

Windshield Decal

Exterior 
2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  netZ 
#1 ·
Anyone had one made for their STi yet? I'm not looking for something extravagant, but I've been wanting to see what a WRB colored banner on the windshield will look like.

I've found WRC style banners, but I really don't care for the lettering up there. I'm just thinking a blue to match the car.

Similiar to what I had on the Celica.....

Just something to add to the sportiness of the car.

See less See more
#4 ·
I just had a them throw some tint up there when I got my windows tinted. I don't really care for the colored banner, unless you have a real sharp angled windshield like the celica in that pic. The windshield on the STi is not as angled I think it would look too ricey IMO. Can you see through those colored banners?

#7 ·
I think I like that....where would I score a black one that'd match my paint (as well as is possible anyway?)

#9 ·
Sweet! That'd be really nice of ya Rob. Thanks! (now to find a diff't avatar.....)

#11 ·
Wow. (feeling dumb) Just had my ride tinted on Friday and that never occured to me. Thx MKIV.

#13 ·
It's funny - I had 35% installed all the way around and 18% in back (this is legal in CT) and the installers were pushing HARD for a 35% on the windshield too. I was too worried about visibility (and police attention) so passed....wish I had thought of the limo eyebrow - I think it'll look really nice. Thanks, as always, to the more knowledgeable board members.

#15 ·
The tint missing on the STi suprised me as well, but I am taking advantage of that by being able to mount my radar detector above the mirror. The documentation that came with the unit gives warnings about reduced lazer detection through tint, so I cannot do that in my truck. If I do get an eyebrow installed, I will have to have a cutout or adequate size made for the V1.

#16 ·
Doesn't the documentation also recommend to mount it more in the middle of the windshield? I would think too high up might limit it's rear detection capabilities. Also with my rear window being 8% limo tinted I don't seem to have any problems detecting radar sources from behind me. I think a cutout in an eyebrow would look bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.