IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed excessive fogging of the windows. On a typical drive the back fogs up right away. It seems that I almost always need to have the defrost on. Anyone else have similar problems?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, I have that happen on my car... but if you turn the heater on defrost, it goes away. Anything that makes the A/C compressor run will remove the moisture from the inside of the car.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Looking for a Sub Enclosure that fits nicely in your STi?

Just a silly out-in-left-field idea, but would an anti-fogging agent like used on scuba goggles work on the inside surface of car windows? That stuff is pretty expensive and it would take a lot to do a whole car window but it might be worth a try, like on a corner of a window, to see if it won't fog up...

·
Registered
22 Posts
WRXPRESS said:
all you really need to do is clean the inside of your windows and it will not fog nearly as easily.
what he said...

i had the same problem

some stoner's invisible glass fairly often took care of it

M

·
0 Posts
My friend has a serious problem with this in his wrx, but I have not had the same issue in my sti

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try the glass cleaner this weekend and see if it works.
I'm just hoping there isnt a bad seal somewhere...
thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, here in the Seattle area there's a lot of fog because of the dampness and the STi seems to be a fog magnet. Rain-X makes an anti-fog solution made for the interior of a car and it works pretty well. Any PepBoys or automotive store sell it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My WRX freezes up on the inside here in dayton!

I never figured a cure for it but guess I'll try the interior rainx, I tried the exterior rainx but that didnt help.
Fog, then colder turns to ice.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Forum Clock

Just a tip from a diver: We used to use toothpaste to prevet fog in the mask. I don't know if its cheaper, but you could proibably get by with the cheapest toothpaste out there. I know it sounds weird, but it works. Oh yeah, don't get gel, get the old fashioned paste. (And please refrain from the tartar control, whitening, etc comments.)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I picked up some fog-free swimming goggles... then I read the directions and it said to prevent fogging, you need to prepare the goggles by letting them soak in the water for an hour... :shrug:

·
Registered
298 Posts
STiWant1 said:
Just a tip from a diver: We used to use toothpaste to prevet fog in the mask.
I'm pretty sure you know this too...using saliva on the mask for diving works great also but i don't think spitting all over your winshield isn't too appealing at all :-? :lol:

·
Registered
586 Posts
FIA-WRC said:
STiWant1 said:
Just a tip from a diver: We used to use toothpaste to prevet fog in the mask.
I'm pretty sure you know this too...using saliva on the mask for diving works great also but i don't think spitting all over your winshield isn't too appealing at all :-? :lol:
:eek: Actually, that was my first thought about how to defog the windows. :lol:

I don't have any trouble with window fogging as I use a mechanism in the car known as a "Defroster." I've found that turning the temperature knob up all the way and putting the fan setting on low works the best as it heats the air the most. I just leave it set at 75% Defrost/25% Floor whenever I'm driving. :-?

·
Registered
29 Posts
spitting on my windshield doesn't sound too appealing.

My RS used to fog up and my STi hasn't yet either but then again it's still under a year old and is relatively clean.

As I stated before just simply cleaning the windows will definitely do the trick. As for the guy with frost on the inside.. I don't know what to tell ya, You need to run the A.C to get the moisture out of the cabin then clean your windows.

jj90jj-Did the cleaning thing work yet???

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the same problem, it fogs all the time when it is raining, and yes i know that the defroster works, but it seems like on a 10 miniutes drive i turn the defroster on almost 5 times which is ridiculous

·
Registered
834 Posts
when i took my car for a test drive the windows were really fogged bad, same thing the night I got it home the entire car was all fogged up. then I realized that it was because I had the air set to recurculate(sp?) anyways I set it to bring fresh air in from outside and bam fog dissapeared. I usually put my temp control on around 70 and put it on the defrost and feet option. and it goes up and down as needed stays a very comfy temp inside the car and I have a zero fog problem. now if I have passengers in the rear the rear window tends to fog but then I just hit the little defrost button and its gone almost instantly. if you have a heated garage you can pull your car in at night roll the windows down. this lets the moisture evaporate and leave your car instead of coming up on your windows next time you drive. I noticed that letting my car air out once or twice a week helps keep the fog factor down ot a minimum.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts