IW STi Forum banner

1241 - 1253 of 1253 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,242
Re: Willub's 04 SCCA Street Mod STi: Wicked Big Meet ‘18

I got one of the mirrors mounted. I also found a flux capacitor in my door. I went ahead and removed the speakers and wiring while I was in there for some killer weight savings.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243

Mirror install complete. The real reason I started looking in to replacing the mirrors was because my driver side mirror cracked. I could have gone with a cheap replacement, but that's no fun. There was another flux capacitor in my passenger door. With all speakers/wiring removed and mirrors replaced, I have probably shaved off another 10lbs. Woot.

The Jeep in the background is another project vehicle that my wife just had to have. It's a fun toy, but also the least safe and most terrifying vehicle I've ever driven.

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts

Why does that pillar not look plumb?

Oh and nice looking mirrors, don't know what to say about the Jeep. Are you and the wifey going to do Jeep things with the Jeep crowd?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

Lighting I think.

These mirrors fold in with speed. Perfect DRS.

Nice Jeep btw!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,246

Why does that pillar not look plumb?

Oh and nice looking mirrors, don't know what to say about the Jeep. Are you and the wifey going to do Jeep things with the Jeep crowd?
Which pillar?!

I won’t be doing things with the Jeep crowd. I’ll be continuously fixing it until the frame rusts in half. Though I suppose that’s a “Jeep thing”. :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,247

Lighting I think.

These mirrors fold in with speed. Perfect DRS.

Nice Jeep btw!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I tightened the ball/socket nut as much as possible to hopefully avoid the folding, as I was concerned. That’s what JB weld is for, right?

Thanks. It does look nice from 40 feet away. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts

Which pillar?!

I won’t be doing things with the Jeep crowd. I’ll be continuously fixing it until the frame rusts in half. Though I suppose that’s a “Jeep thing”. :lol:

LoL, Willub the one closest to the car. Looks tilted in the image, could be me though. ;)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

I tightened the ball/socket nut as much as possible to hopefully avoid the folding, as I was concerned. That’s what JB weld is for, right?

Thanks. It does look nice from 40 feet away. :)

It did not work for mine. Not in the mirror but partially worked in my JB weld filled old engine.

Haha, all Jeep things.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,250

LoL, Willub the one closest to the car. Looks tilted in the image, could be me though. ;)
Ah, yes it does look off in that picture. There’s a ton of sh!t up there for a car I don’t even own, so maybe it’s bowing a bit :lol:

Went for a drive with the new mirrors. They’re small. They haven’t folded in on me yet at least. :)

As Drew mentioned earlier, they’re technically illegal for SCCA Solo Street mod. Required “reflective surface area” is greater than 15 square inches on aftermarket mirrors. These measure out to be roughly 12 or 12.5. I’m sure someone has the exact number.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,251

It did not work for mine. Not in the mirror but partially worked in my JB weld filled old engine.

Haha, all Jeep things.
Luckily I don’t need them during autox runs and I don’t hit the speeds you do. They’ll probably fold in on the launch :lol: Once track days are a thing with this car I’ll have to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

Luckily I don’t need them during autox runs and I don’t hit the speeds you do. They’ll probably fold in on the launch :lol: Once track days are a thing with this car I’ll have to figure it out.
Dont fix it. Its a legit and legal DRS. Another 2km/h down the straight. :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,253
On to another subject. Anyone know of any good hydrophobic air filter wraps? My DIY shield works ok until I hit some standing water with the RF tire.

1241 - 1253 of 1253 Posts