IW STi Forum banner

581 - 600 of 1253 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Re: Willub's 04 STi: DSS carbon fiber drive shaft installed!

Ah, I missed that part.

Maybe stretch out a 255? Z2's run very wide. 245's on x9.5 and x10 is a popular STU config, so it's definitely doable with a 255.
With Karlton flares that'd be crazy sunk in.

From my understanding the 17x10 +18mm RPF1 and 275/40/17 R1R are going to be used for
1.) rain
2.) daily/to events
3.) too lazy to change tires
days.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #585

Ah, I missed that part.

Maybe stretch out a 255? Z2's run very wide. 245's on x9.5 and x10 is a popular STU config, so it's definitely doable with a 255.
I was going to since I already had them, but they are pretty much sold at this point and they definitely would look a little small with flares. I would be all over some rivals if they were made in that size. Who knows, I may spring for 18's if I have the money.

With Karlton flares that'd be crazy sunk in.

From my understanding the 17x10 +18mm RPF1 and 275/40/17 R1R are going to be used for
1.) rain
2.) daily/to events
3.) too lazy to change tires
days.
Bingo. I may wait on buying race tires though, and see how mickle likes the 315 on his rpf1's, if thats what he ends up doing.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

R-Comps are expensive. :lol:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

I could defend my honor against that with so many comments, but I will refrain since we are all friends here!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #591

I took the KSTech CAI off last night and loaded up my old EFI tune for the winter. It's amazing how different the EFI tune feels. Much more DD friendly, especially when the car is cold. I think a lot of the problem with Bren's tune is the massive CAI. I think I need me some speed density for next year :D

I don't think I ever posted some pictures of my gauges after I installed them, so here ya go

Try and guess which mark is from a black Porsche backing up into the car. :lol: This is why I didn't do anything about it. I'm surprised my bumper stayed on. It's been clinging on for dear life ever since I ripped a fender liner out.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

I'd like to do a slightly bigger EFR turbo and a big ass intake with speed density.

Sucks the bumper beam proposal didn't get passed.

A few guys on Nasioc were trying to get "bumper beam must be the same weight as stock to allow the usage of FMICs"

You'd just need to custom make a heavy ass bumper beam. :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #593

I'd like to do a slightly bigger EFR turbo and a big ass intake with speed density.

Sucks the bumper beam proposal didn't get passed.

A few guys on Nasioc were trying to get "bumper beam must be the same weight as stock to allow the usage of FMICs"

You'd just need to custom make a heavy ass bumper beam. :lol:
That's what I'm planning on doing at some point. The 6758 looks very similar to my 1.5xtr, with a little better spool. I'd like to go low mount, but it would be rather difficult. Like you said, it sucks that the bumper beam rule didn't get changed. I'd be happy to weld up a custom one that's even heavier than stock just to shove a low mount twin scroll EFR down there along with a front mount. Though I'd like to get weight away from the front of the car at the same time... Subaru problems :lol:

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

That's what I'm planning on doing at some point. The 6758 looks very similar to my 1.5xtr, with a little better spool. I'd like to go low mount, but it would be rather difficult. Like you said, it sucks that the bumper beam rule didn't get changed. I'd be happy to weld up a custom one that's even heavier than stock just to shove a low mount twin scroll EFR down there along with a front mount. Though I'd like to get weight away from the front of the car at the same time... Subaru problems :lol:
Low mount + FMIC + stock weight bumper beam is a lot of weight on the nose. At least it's low though.

You could make the bumper beam with all the weight in the end plates to keep it as close to the body as possible.

I don't know why they don't allow that modification, seems pointless. Unless they are concerned about "safety" of a "street" modified car. :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #595

Low mount + FMIC + stock weight bumper beam is a lot of weight on the nose. At least it's low though.

You could make the bumper beam with all the weight in the end plates to keep it as close to the body as possible.

I don't know why they don't allow that modification, seems pointless. Unless they are concerned about "safety" of a "street" modified car. :lol:
Yeah I'm thinking a "stock location" 7163 is the best way to go. I want to see what more people can do with it though. Supposedly it's been officially released since SEMA but I don't see anyone really testing it yet. I've only seen one guy on nasioc with one, and it looks promising.

Since it's legal remove all of your airbag equipment I don't think they care much about safety :lol: I don't get it either. Must just be one of those stubborn rules to help draw a line between SM and Prepared I guess.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

I'm leaning towards a 6758.

Very curious how the 7163 will drive though. Transient boost response should be awesome, so the "lag" will only be on the super slow corners and even then it shouldn't be horrible.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #597

I'm leaning towards a 6758.

Very curious how the 7163 will drive though. Transient boost response should be awesome, so the "lag" will only be on the super slow corners and even then it shouldn't be horrible.
Any idea when you're gonna do it? Soon? Please? :D

I want to throw a 10cm housing on my 1.5 xtr and really push it on 93 before I ditch it. My motor is the limiting factor right now, and I really can't afford the engine build I want to do when it finally goes. I'll be sticking with my current setup for a while most likely :( :lol: It currently has more than enough power to get me into trouble anyway.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

not soon unfortunately.

My racing budget for 2014 is entry fees and fluids.

Spent way too much in 2013. :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #599

My CEL popped on within ten seconds of driving today. Today is the first time I've driven the car in truly cold weather in quite a while. P0131 - Front O2 sensor low circuit input. I'm guessing it's just time to replace the sensor, since as far as I know it's the original with 136k on it. My idle was surging little bit as well, which is another symptom of an old o2 sensor. Ive read about this code turning into a headache for some people though so we'll see. I'll clear the code and see if it comes back before I do anything. This may have been contributing to my drivability issues as well, since slow responding O2 sensors can create wacky issues while cruising.

Flares will be on the way soon :) Big thanks to Drew (T3h_clap) for helping me out with selling and buying things. :tup:

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

My CEL popped on within ten seconds of driving today. Today is the first time I've driven the car in truly cold weather in quite a while. P0131 - Front O2 sensor low circuit input. I'm guessing it's just time to replace the sensor, since as far as I know it's the original with 136k on it. My idle was surging little bit as well, which is another symptom of an old o2 sensor. Ive read about this code turning into a headache for some people though so we'll see. I'll clear the code and see if it comes back before I do anything. This may have been contributing to my drivability issues as well, since slow responding O2 sensors can create wacky issues while cruising.

Flares will be on the way soon :) Big thanks to Drew (T3h_clap) for helping me out with selling and buying things. :tup:
I know a lot of people who need a lot of things, it's not tough to find buyers.

Glad I could assist. :)

581 - 600 of 1253 Posts