IW STi Forum banner

361 - 380 of 1253 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Re: Willub's 04 STi: New tune by BrenTuning - 385whp/380wtq

Hells yeahs!

I haven't read the rules for SM in quite a while but IIRC it states that you may remove the factory sound system but the factory wiring must remain. Wat. Does that mean I need speaker wire hanging around for no reason? My car actually didn't come with a radio from the factory, so I'm not sure if it came with speakers or wiring. Either way I don't think anyone would care or protest, I just found it silly.
ASP allows for removal of radio and speakers but not wiring, all holes must be covered. Plus, as you mentioned, there was no stock sound system (other than wiring) so it is just back to stock. I can't speak for SM and the speaker wires but no one at NER will protest you for that, hell, are there even any other regulars in SM? I don't think you need to worry about the match tour, if you are going. Don't take it the wrong way, but you will only be protested if you are winning anyways. :) That said if you want to keep it kosher I would leave the wiring unless you find it in the rules that you can remove it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #362 (Edited)

ASP allows for removal of radio and speakers but not wiring, all holes must be covered. Plus, as you mentioned, there was no stock sound system (other than wiring) so it is just back to stock. I can't speak for SM and the speaker wires but no one at NER will protest you for that, hell, are there even any other regulars in SM? I don't think you need to worry about the match tour, if you are going. Don't take it the wrong way, but you will only be protested if you are winning anyways. :) That said if you want to keep it kosher I would leave the wiring unless you find it in the rules that you can remove it.
There were regulars last year but none this year so far. I obviously scared them away. :rofl: I will probably take that Saturday off and do the match tour, and proceed to get raped in SM lol. I already ripped all of the speaker wire out, so it's staying that way until I get tired of my phone as a radio :lol:

I can picture the protest. "Dude I gotta check your car. You looked way too quick out there for a car with speaker wire." LOL

Edit: Just took a look at the rules and wire removal is SM legal. I must have been looking at SP rules earlier

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #363

I finally got around to editing some of the footage from working on my car. After going through all of it I decided to make somewhat of a "how-to" video on replacing the passenger side valve cover gasket. It isn't an extremely detailed video on how to do it, but it gives you a good idea of what's being done, I hope. I'll make a thread in the how-to section as well with a little more detail. Unfortunately after rendering the video it was pretty dark for some reason, so I used YouTube's light enhancement tool which helped but it threw off the quality a little.

ARP extended studs, muteki lugs and two rear wheel bearings should be at my house when I get home :D Hopefully I get one set of spacers soon. I don't think the h&r ones have even been shipped yet either.

When I pulled in the driveway the other day there were four boxes stacked on each other outside the garage. WHEELS! Then I remembered my dad ordered some wheels for his cuda, and that's what they were. What a tease.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #364

Did a little detailing on my headlight covers. I used mothers billet aluminum polish. They really need to be wet sanded, or replaced. Not a priority for me though :)

Before

After

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

If you ever want to "black out" your headlights please tell me because I'll send you my 05s. I love the chrome on the 04s vs the black 05s.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #366

If you ever want to "black out" your headlights please tell me because I'll send you my 05s. I love the chrome on the 04s vs the black 05s.
I had no idea that they were different, I'll have to take a look at the 05. Mine are just old and have a greenish tinge to them, but you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #369

I've been waiting to see if he was gonna make those pictures available to download ever since I saw them on the NER forums. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

I've been waiting to see if he was gonna make those pictures available to download ever since I saw them on the NER forums. Thank you sir!
They are still marked as "The owner has disabled downloading of their photos". It's easy enough for me to go into the HTML/Javascript of Flickr (and other sites) and find the image URL. :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #371

They are still marked as "The owner has disabled downloading of their photos". It's easy enough for me to go into the HTML/Javascript of Flickr (and other sites) and find the image URL. :D
Funny how it says they are not available for download, but now you can right click and "save as" them :lol:

I just got an e-mail from autoRnD, the vendor we used for the custom RPF1's I ordered back in..... February? :notsure: :lol: THEY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED FROM AUTORND!!!! :banana: Unfortunately they are in California, so I doubt I'll get them before the weekend :( It doesn't really matter as I don't have any spacers yet and for some reason the H&R ones I ordered are still marked as "processing" on JSC Speed's site. I sent them an email to see what's up since JSC speed has been great in the past.

I am excite.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Yeee Hawwww! Congrats, hope you get them soon enough. Then we can see more pics!

·
Registered
815 Posts

I just got an e-mail from autoRnD, the vendor we used for the custom RPF1's I ordered back in..... February? :notsure: :lol: THEY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED FROM AUTORND!!!! :banana: Unfortunately they are in California, so I doubt I'll get them before the weekend :(

I am excite.
They were only a little less than a month late... not too bad (especially from what I have been hearing from others who have been apart of custom orders from Enkei) :lol: Honestly I am glad I found the vendor that I did, they have been great to work with. I doubt it would have went as smoothly as it did otherwise, even if they were slightly late!

I checked FedEx's ground map, they will be in shipping 5 days for you from Fremont, CA. So expect by the middle of next week!! :banana:

Now to order tires.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #374 (Edited)

Yeee Hawwww! Congrats, hope you get them soon enough. Then we can see more pics!

I may have to wash my car now :eek: I don't think I've washed it in over a year :lol: Mainly because I'm lazy about that stuff and the fact that the front bumper is toast. It's just full of chips and scrapes from the winter. It isn't really noticeable in pictures, but when I wash it the thing feels like sand paper it's so rough :lol:

They were only a little less than a month late... not too bad (especially from what I have been hearing from others who have been apart of custom orders from Enkei) :lol: Honestly I am glad I found the vendor that I did, they have been great to work with. I doubt it would have went as smoothly as it did otherwise, even if they were slightly late!

I checked FedEx's ground map, they will be in shipping 5 days for you from Fremont, CA. So expect by the middle of next week!! :banana:

Now to order tires.
I was expecting them to get delayed so no biggie. At least they are finally coming! Thanks for starting the group buy in the first place. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with anyone except you :lol:

That's what I figured for shipping time, which isn't bad for being on the other side of the country.

Are you going with the BFG Rivals for tires? I kind of wish I had, because of the contingency dealio like you said. Although I have no one to race against in my class currently :tdown: Dunlop needs a contingency program, other than motorcycle racing.

I got my ARP studs, wheel bearings and muteki lug nuts yesterday but unfortunately I won't have much time to install any of it until the end of next week.

·
Registered
815 Posts

I was expecting them to get delayed so no biggie. At least they are finally coming! Thanks for starting the group buy in the first place. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with anyone except you :lol:

That's what I figured for shipping time, which isn't bad for being on the other side of the country.

Are you going with the BFG Rivals for tires? I kind of wish I had, because of the contingency dealio like you said. Although I have no one to race against in my class currently :tdown: Dunlop needs a contingency program, other than motorcycle racing.
Oh I know.. I just thought it was funny that things actually went fairly well. With my previous experience trying to get these wheels going extremely sour, I didn't know if it would be this smooth. :lol:

I am going with BFG's for contingency reasons for sure. That and the reviews from people I trust who have them on their AWD boosted cars lets me know they are pretty damn close time wise with Z2's if you can make minor setup changes to account for the way the BFG's feel compared to the Z2's. I have Z2's to run on my 17x9" wheels as well. You would most likely have competition in SM at national events (the only events you can win contingency), but your competition would be on R-Comps most likely.

And I agree, I would stick with dunlops for the RPF1's if they had any sort of contingency program.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #376

Well if the contingency is only for doing well at national events then it's pointless for me to do it with BFG in my class, like you said. I can't wait to see what kind of SM cars show up.

The wheels are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday! JSC got back to me and they were out of stock on the spacers, but I should get them Friday. My friend who mounts my tires (fo' free!) for me is on vacation this week anyways, so it kinda worked out that my tires didn't come, I guess :lol: I'm also going to have him and another tech at Mercedes do an alignment on it. What are some good alignment specs to shoot for? This is what I'm thinking

0 toe all around
-3* camber up front
-2* camber out back

Too much camber for street tires and these coilovers? I'll probably be switching back to stock sway bars soon.

·
Registered
815 Posts

This is what I'm thinking

0 toe all around
-3* camber up front
-2* camber out back

Too much camber for street tires and these coilovers? I'll probably be switching back to stock sway bars soon.
That should actually work fine and it isn't too* much. What width are you going with on the tires again?

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

I ran -3.8 front on my star specs and they did awesome!

I'm at -3.0 / -2.5 right now and it's good but I want -3.5 up front for a bit better mid corner and turn in for when I'm running the V710s :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #379 (Edited)

That should actually work fine and it isn't too* much. What width are you going with on the tires again?

I ran -3.8 front on my star specs and they did awesome!

I'm at -3.0 / -2.5 right now and it's good but I want -3.5 up front for a bit better mid corner and turn in for when I'm running the V710s :D
Alright good to know. I'll go with 3 front 2 rear for now. I can't wait to see what my current alignment is :lol:

R-comps FTW. Are those 275's?

edit: just read they are 275's. Nice!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

Well if the contingency is only for doing well at national events then it's pointless for me to do it with BFG in my class, like you said. I can't wait to see what kind of SM cars show up.

The wheels are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday! JSC got back to me and they were out of stock on the spacers, but I should get them Friday. My friend who mounts my tires (fo' free!) for me is on vacation this week anyways, so it kinda worked out that my tires didn't come, I guess :lol: I'm also going to have him and another tech at Mercedes do an alignment on it. What are some good alignment specs to shoot for? This is what I'm thinking

0 toe all around
-3* camber up front
-2* camber out back

I think those are great numbers to shoot for.

361 - 380 of 1253 Posts