IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to drop a STi motor into an Ultima GTR, as the STI engine will weigh next to nothing compared to a small block chevy.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
451 Posts
dustybottoms said:
I'd love to drop a STi motor into an Ultima GTR, as the STI engine will weigh next to nothing compared to a small block chevy.

Any ideas?

WAIT...you actually have an Ultima GTR?!

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
dustybottoms said:

Any ideas?
With enough money and time you can mate pretty much any motor/trans...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Iam sure you would need to get an adapter plate to mate the engine and trans... Most likely custom so its going to be big $$$. I do know that they do make adapter plates to put subaru boxer motors in vw's..... imagine a 63 bug with an STI motor in it!!! Crazy!!!

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
twigg107 said:
Iam sure you would need to get an adapter plate to mate the engine and trans... Most likely custom so its going to be big $$$. I do know that they do make adapter plates to put subaru boxer motors in vw's..... imagine a 63 bug with an STI motor in it!!! Crazy!!!
ej20 is going into my 65 bug in a month!

To the OP: Contact "Kennedy Engineering". They will either have an adapter plate that works or can fix something up for you. I think they have a plate for the G50 actually.:tup:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
flatthump said:
ej20 is going into my 65 bug in a month!

To the OP: Contact "Kennedy Engineering". They will either have an adapter plate that works or can fix something up for you. I think they have a plate for the G50 actually.:tup:
You soooo need to keep us updated on that!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It could work. You'll notice increased differences as well (obvious). With the Porsche it really helped. It came about in the late 1980's in the 3.2 911 if I remember correctly, and was put in the 993's. I'm pretty sure you'll be using pre-993 G-50, due to in the year the 993 began, Porsche switched to 6 speeds from the previous 5 speed transmissions. Porsche also made the G-52, which was for the turbo models, and was a heck of alot stronger. The only problem is, if you're putting out more than 350 or so hp, there were rack and pinion failures in the 350+hp racing Porsches. So people lubed the gearset and rack and pinion, and installed a pump and trans. cooler, which seemed to help. Good luck, It'd be nice to see it work.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
^^The Man. :bow: Respect - he knows of which he speaks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts