IW STi Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a novice question with a new ECU on the US spec STI, so it can't be simple to answer. Let's say you fill up with 100 octane fuel and reset the ECU. Then continue to use 100 grade fuel. Will the ECU lean out the fuel mix, have the turbo boost more, advance the timing......etc? Call it an Octane Mod that the stock ECU could 'learn' to take advantage of.

On that note dare I ask about water injection. In mine very limited understanding of gas engines it would seem that adding water injection to a stock car would be equivalent to putting in better fuel. From the ECU perspective lower knock and lower EGT "mean" good fuel is in the car to the computer. Could not addition of water injection a la Aquamist by ERL be a performance enhancement in itself, maybe not more power (you are still limited my the stock's target values), but better gas mileage? Tricking to think that better gas is available with lean out the mix and prevent fuel dumping just for "cooling" sake.

I for want one would love to see the STI kick an M3's ass and out run the thing to the next gas station. Am I crazy??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts