IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried the "search" function... my apoligies up front 'cause I know this has been covered...

can anyone shed the light on the history/background on the pink colored decals? why did STi choose pink? i'm guessing there must be some connection to the WRC roots...

thanks in advance for the history lesson.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Search for cherry blossom red. That may yield something. I know I've read about it before... that's what the Japanese refer to the color as.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
pink = gay.. lol..
really dont know why pink, Subaru trying to project a girlie image?
lol..
I let the experts talk to talk..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Google it!!

The 2003 Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia is sponsored by: Subaru

Welcome to the world of the pink cherry blossom. Few things in nature can equal its delicate beauty. Come celebrate it with us.

Cherry blossoms have deep significance in Japanese culture and are a traditional motif in art, literature and cuisine. Over four hundred varieties of cherry trees grow in Japan. The cherry is a symbolic national flower and sometimes is offered to other nations as a symbol of friendship.

Due to the large north-south range of Japan, cherry blossoms bloom between January and late May, generally earlier in the south than in the north. The variable spring weather in Japan and the national interest in the ephemeral blossoms has led to the inclusion of sakura-zensen, or the cherry blossom front line, into news weather forecasts. These forecasts help with the planning of hanami, or flower viewing, a popular and centuries-old spring tradition that includes picnicking, singing and perhaps sipping sake under cherry trees in full bloom.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
List of chapters not included in the STI manual?

thats pretty cool, i never minded the pink and now Im glad to know theres a good history/story/meaning behind it. thanks mx9

Robert~

·
Registered
389 Posts
Heehee everyone I have showed my Sti to goes "Why Pink?"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Arizona STI?

Well I think it just because it is eye catching. Your eyes are going to be drawn to this pink thing on this masculine car.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
It's been proven that the color pink has a calming effect; that's why some holding cells are painted pink. Therefore it's there to calm you down so you don't go crazy and all fast and furious; Subaru cut a deal with the NHTSA and in order to import the car they agreeded to use the pink. 8)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Norseman said:
It's been proven that the color pink has a calming effect; that's why some holding cells are painted pink. Therefore it's there to calm you down so you don't go crazy and all fast and furious; Subaru cut a deal with the NHTSA and in order to import the car they agreeded to use the pink. 8)
lol :lol: :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
mx_9 said:
Google it!!

The 2003 Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia is sponsored by: Subaru

Welcome to the world of the pink cherry blossom. Few things in nature can equal its delicate beauty. Come celebrate it with us.

Cherry blossoms have deep significance in Japanese culture and are a traditional motif in art, literature and cuisine. Over four hundred varieties of cherry trees grow in Japan. The cherry is a symbolic national flower and sometimes is offered to other nations as a symbol of friendship.

Due to the large north-south range of Japan, cherry blossoms bloom between January and late May, generally earlier in the south than in the north. The variable spring weather in Japan and the national interest in the ephemeral blossoms has led to the inclusion of sakura-zensen, or the cherry blossom front line, into news weather forecasts. These forecasts help with the planning of hanami, or flower viewing, a popular and centuries-old spring tradition that includes picnicking, singing and perhaps sipping sake under cherry trees in full bloom.
kool review :D I had the impression it was something alike since i am a Fan of Japan Animation movies and pretty much in most of them you can see the cherry blossoms trees

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone replace their STi's battery yet?

iwannastibad said:
boss dj - What type of music do you play?
Play none, i am learning though, Hear> A few of this n a few of that but mostly Pure Electronic: Trance, Vocal Trance, Euro, House u name it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts