IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can have projectors retrofitted by www.hidtech.com. There are plenty of after market projector head lights for several different makes and models of cars. How many of you would purchase these if they where out? I just don't want to go throught the hassle of buying extra headlight housings and sending them out to hack and retrofit.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Probably not enough interest in it. Only the 04' and 05' years lack the projection. It's not an issue with newer cars, hence less buildup of interest.

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
Even if there was aftermarket projector lamps they would be useless. The projectors that come in those types of lamps are of the lowest quality.

A retrofit will be your best bet. I will be offering retrofits within these next few months.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I am very interested. I was thining of retrofiting per TL headlights as well...but hoping someone comes out with OEM quality ones before I can't wait no longer (and I hope that someone is Subaru)

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
Subaru will not go back and just redesign headlamps for the 04/05's.

Retrofits are costly, but well worth it. They are less blinding to oncoming traffic, nice color at cutoff line.

When I offer these, I will make a new thread about it.

·
/////////
8,593 Posts
LightWerkz said:
Even if there was aftermarket projector lamps they would be useless. The projectors that come in those types of lamps are of the lowest quality.

A retrofit will be your best bet. I will be offering retorfits within these next few months.
Nice, I`m actually planning on having the 06 OEM fogs to be retrofitted with my Hella HID fogs. December Cez? I`ll drive up there so you can paint my headlights too :D

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks nice, what kind of projectors did you use? I know I can do it but I kind of like my level adjustment. Since lowering my car I manually ajusted the beam level. If aftermarket came out with that I'm sure it would be pricey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.