IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity why didn't we get these seats?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dos531 said:
Because were fat americans :lol:
:lol: That's what I thought. They(Japan spec) probably have smaller cup holders as well.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
radio plays MDs, japanese use that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Actually, we had those seats here for some time. I have a MY04 w/them. For the MY06 they added the option of side impact airbags as well. My buddy has them w/that option. Now to the question of seats being small; I'm 6'2" and 220lbs, and I find the seats extra ordinarily comfy and I don't get tired in them over long hauls :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Paperchasin said:
no air bags...jdm seats can be had pretty easily....yes they do bolster better than USDM seats do...
I was just wondering out loud. If they did have the airbags I'd probably get a set. Now it depends on how much I could get them for... otherwise I think I'd prefer a Recaro Pole Position.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've seen World One carrying some spec c interiors, but no airbags. They're definitely tighter, and they come in all black, no blue alacantara. I think they were selling whole sets with door cards and all for around $1500 I think. Pretty cheap for front/rear/doorcards if you ask me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
those are the seats we got in Australia as well. Comfortable as and we get side airbags too! :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Saabaru STI said:
I've seen World One carrying some spec c interiors, but no airbags. They're definitely tighter, and they come in all black, no blue alacantara. I think they were selling whole sets with door cards and all for around $1500 I think. Pretty cheap for front/rear/doorcards if you ask me.
Dang, that's a very good deal. If my car wasn't WRB I'd definately go with the JDM interior instead.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Saabaru STI said:
$1849 shipped. I have a very recent quote from them.

Having sat in the JDM seats, I can say that 1) They do not feel *that* much narrower than USDM seats, and 2) they really don't feel dramatically better, either. Recaro Sports, on the other hand, are a huge step up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts