IW STi Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer called this morning to confirm color combo and options. Im #3 and my car will come in the 2nd allocation sometime mid to late June... so I'm told. He made it sound like my color combo was guaranteed.. :roll: We'll see

·
Registered
334 Posts
Subaru Web site updated with sti

kparker said:
WRX Mundi, I wonder about your salesperson. All of our sold orders were able to place an order for exactly what they want. It is true we do not have a lot of control over the normal "stock" vehicles. But, any sold order is built to the specs of the buyer (that is you).
Amazing. I called up the other dealer in town (Larry Miller -- bad, bad, bad) and got the expected song and dance from them. $5k over MSRP for either the Evo and STi, $3k non-refundable deposit, no color choice, and I should feel proud of the dealer for refusing all the offers for $10k over from customers and other dealers in big cities, just so they can sell to the locals. Sure... I'm sure they're passing up $5k per car out of the goodness of their hearts, and I should feel lucky to only pay a $5k premium. I think this dealer's Honda store is still asking for a hefty markup on the S2K as well.

I called up the dealer in eastern Oregon -- they have nobody on their list, but they don't know what price they'll sell it for, don't know what the deposit will be, they think they might get an STi in June, but possibly one in July. No choice of colors -- he was quite explicit that they cannot choose colors and are just shipped a car.

I'm wondering if this is a regional thing -- none of the dealers around here seem to get a choice of color. None of them know anything about faxing anything to SOA or pre-order vs. sold orders. They still don't know their allocations. I wish I knew what was going on with the Northwest -- it sounds like the regional rep is screwing everyone over. I find it boggling that they just ship random cars to dealers without bothering to find out what colors the waiting list customers want. Maybe all three salespeople are clueless or lying, but it is strange that all three are like this.

It's very frustrating reading about other people getting the car. I really wouldn't mind waiting except for my 3-day autocross school in late July -- the only one this year remotely near me, and I really want the new car for it.

S

·
0 Posts
murley said:
Scoob..., NOW, if your dealer does like they are SUPPOSED to do then they submit your position in line, your color request, and your accessories. You have now submitted a "PRE-ORDER". At the time of receiving their allocation for STi's via fax they should CONFIRM the pre-order choices with you and SOA to convert your "pre-order" to an actual "SOLD-ORDER"

Capice? :)
The reason I belabor the point is that we have a Group Discount in effect which applies to "Pre-sold" STi's. The deal is $1500 over invoice. Which amounts to about a $900 discount. Our deal stipulates "pre-sold" deals only. Therefore, when I was told Subaru was not doing pre-solds on the STi that effectively postponed the discount. But, it sounds like I was fed a line of BS. :roll:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what to tell ya then, bud??? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going to try to discuss two topics in one email. We will see how well it goes. Three years ago, I was a happy salesman for Subaru, but I did not know the inside rules. At that time, we got what was being sent and that was all. We also had to take what was sent. No questions. I started placing custom orders when we did not have in our small inventory what a customer was looking for and we could not dealer trade to get it. It was really bad after a hail storm. The only tradeable cars (2) had been in the showroom. I got in the habit of taking a deposit and getting the specifics for what was wanted and then placing an order. I also learned that there are cut off dates for each month and if you miss it, add an extra month to delivery time. That could mean up to two months. Along with all of this, we would get our allocation from Subaru as to what they were sending us. One time we said "no" to a couple of the cars because we already had several just like it. We were almost surprised when they agreed and then wanted to know what we might want instead. We could ask our rep for specifics. We were not always getting it. But, he would try. To get the exact car we were looking for a customer would have to be there to order it and give a deposit. Subaru requires a copy of the deposit along with an order when we ask for a specific car. This prevents dealers from saying they have a sold order and want a special model because they think it is one that will be sold. When the WRX first came out, they were delivered to the dealers that had orders for them. They did not use the same system as they are now, for the STi. When I had a customer saying he wanted one, I let him place a blind order. We let Subaru know we had a buyer and we sent the deposit, but he could not pick the color or the wheels or any options because we did not know what they were. It was not until later we were told about the STi allocation formula. Even then, we could not really figure it out. We are after all, only sales people.

The point to this whole thing is if your local dealer did not submit a sold order (blind as it is) he will have to take what the area rep sends him out of what is left of the inventory. Subaru fills color choices on sold orders first. When my guy was added to the regional list, he was 25th in the region. We are getting one in our first allocation. It is his. Hopefully we will get more soon. As they come available, it will be in the order we received deposits. Any newcomer, will have to go to the end of the list.

Scoob, it sounds like you have an agreement with someone of a higher level than at a dealership. If this is so, a cut in price will need to come from them. Dealers have to make a profit of some sort. At one sale or less a month for STi's, no one here is going to get rich. It would be a wonderful thing if we could get twenty or so. Ah, to dream. If you got this agreement with a dealer, you may have a point, you may have gotten a line of BS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just looking at our Pipeline Report. Tells us when cars are going to get here. My customers STi went from late June to the last week of May. He's happy.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I heard from my salesman yesterday. He got word that he has 2 STi's en route and said that they will be here last week of May, possibly even next Wednesday (that is still VERY "iffy"). His guess was that these cars were already at port in Rhode Island as anywhere else and they wouldn't be here that quickly. Sadly though, he's still unsure if my color combo (black w/silver) is one of these 2 vehicles.....said that info. should be available shortly. FWIW I'm in CT., am #1 on the list and have had a 1k deposit down since early Jan. Please keep your collective fingers crossed for me!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My STi's coming!!

this is a very interesting thread for us here in New England.We are the only area of the country left that is still an independant distributor.All our cars are processed through Subaru of New England which of course gets the cars from SOA.alot of what the other dealers post here does not apply to SNE however.What SNE does is order the cars from SOA then sort them to dealers based on sales history and sold orders.If you have a sold order then of course if they have that car coming to you they will fill that color choice if said car is in port.BUT for example if Stu's car is not in port color wise they would move down to the next in line and check that color.And so on.....so we sure are at the mercy of SNE in this neck of the woods and considering that I am Stu's salesperson I am sure hoping his car is at port for him.My fingers are crossed for him,that is for sure!

Brian Ichter
Secor Subaru
New London,CT
860-442-2323

·
Registered
12 Posts
June STi and EVO8 (silver) available

secorsubaru said:
this is a very interesting thread for us here in New England.We are the only area of the country left that is still an independant distributor.All our cars are processed through Subaru of New England which of course gets the cars from SOA.alot of what the other dealers post here does not apply to SNE however.What SNE does is order the cars from SOA then sort them to dealers based on sales history and sold orders.If you have a sold order then of course if they have that car coming to you they will fill that color choice if said car is in port.BUT for example if Stu's car is not in port color wise they would move down to the next in line and check that color.And so on.....so we sure are at the mercy of SNE in this neck of the woods and considering that I am Stu's salesperson I am sure hoping his car is at port for him.My fingers are crossed for him,that is for sure!

Brian Ichter
Secor Subaru
New London,CT
860-442-2323
That explains a lot. I had wondered why you did not just check the incoming to find out what was coming. I often tell my guests that Subaru marches to the beat of a different drum. And so it continues......

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
secorsubaru said:
this is a very interesting thread for us here in New England.We are the only area of the country left that is still an independant distributor.All our cars are processed through Subaru of New England which of course gets the cars from SOA.alot of what the other dealers post here does not apply to SNE however.What SNE does is order the cars from SOA then sort them to dealers based on sales history and sold orders.If you have a sold order then of course if they have that car coming to you they will fill that color choice if said car is in port.BUT for example if Stu's car is not in port color wise they would move down to the next in line and check that color.And so on.....
Brian Ichter
Secor Subaru
New London,CT
860-442-2323
Doesn't sound much different than what's going on at the regional levels of SOA, in terms of STi distribution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
18" wheel perfect size and offset ?

Except if there is a sold order and they have the car, we are notified the specific car and color are coming and when. Last week it was some time in June. Today it was the week of the 26th of May. Next they will tell us what day to look for it. They are usually off by a day or two. It usually comes early.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dealer (Farrish, Fairfax, VA) indicates my STi will arrive before the end of May (am #1 on list). I should be getting the VIN tomorrow.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts