IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the mods people are doing with thier STi's i was just curious as to who out there is keeping their STI stock or at least mostly stock? i am leaning towards keeping my STi mostly stock. i like the idea of having parts available from just about any Subie dealer should i need them. the STi is a very well engineered vehicle as is. although i may change my mind down the road for now my STi stays factory fresh.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am.

Well, for now.

Mostly.

Aside from the JDM STi seats, JDM foglights, wing-less trunk, skidplates, audio system, floor mats, and possible suspension tweaks.

:roll:

·
Registered
389 Posts
$6K miles and stock, will continue to say stock (except stereo and tint). Down the road, I may modify.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I plan to stay "SCCA stock" for at least the upcoming autocross season. That means I can only make a few pretty modifications like muffler, air filter, front swaybar, wheels/tires, brake pads, shocks. Comfort and convenience mods like stereos are allowed too.

So far I've only done the muffler, and that was mostly for the sound. Well, I've also got a stereo and Rotas with all-seasons for the winter, but I plan to autocross on the BBS/070's.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will probably do some minor mods... only things I have planned for now are a stereo, tint, A-pillar gauges (I wants the Defi BF), and possibly the STi pink springs.

My mod budget is going to my Firebird right now... I can't have it be slower than my STi. My intention is to always have it be able to smoke my STi in every category.

·
Registered
694 Posts
DrEvyl said:
I will probably do some minor mods... only things I have planned for now are a stereo, tint, A-pillar gauges (I wants the Defi BF), and possibly the STi pink springs.

My mod budget is going to my Firebird right now... I can't have it be slower than my STi. My intention is to always have it be able to smoke my STi in every category.
You've got a little ways to go on the "quicker in snow, ice, mud and heavy rain" category. Also in the "4-wheel burnout" category. :wink:

I know the feeling, though. Now that I've gotten used to the STi, it's time to tweak the Camaro again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Void Warranty?

staying "mostly" stock here too...compared to others.

except for:

1. intake elbow (to eliminate resonator)
2. drop in perrin filter
3. upgraded wastegate actuator (to take vf39 boost to 16 pounds)
4. stiffer rear sway
5. front strut tower brace

i consider these very light modifications.

·
Registered
668 Posts
just got a radio. need to install it. might change the LED colors in the HVAC. clear bra. that's about it for now.

Maybe in the summer i'll get the pink STi springs, but i'm not sure yet. Might consider plug-and-play computer management too... but that might just wait until the car's second summer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
filbert said:
just got a radio. need to install it. might change the LED colors in the HVAC. clear bra. that's about it for now.

Maybe in the summer i'll get the pink STi springs, but i'm not sure yet. Might consider plug-and-play computer management too... but that might just wait until the car's second summer.
filbert, Did you ever get your STI fixed after the crash? How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
454 Posts
ZenBoy said:
You've got a little ways to go on the "quicker in snow, ice, mud and heavy rain" category. Also in the "4-wheel burnout" category. :wink:
Yeah, but the STi is never gonna catch my Firebird in the "neck snapping torque" category, or the "huge smoke show burnout" category.. LOL

My Firebird is strictly a dry-weather car.... so that's the only standard I'm really trying to beat.. and as long as it accellerates, stops, and corners faster than the STi, I'm happy. It actually does now, it's just a little too close for me to consider it good.

Stock vs. Stock is all STi all the way... but my F-body ain't stock.. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Staying stock for now, probably at least for this year. Closing on a townhouse in a few weeks. Any money I have burning a hole in my pocket this year will probably go into new furniture and other misc stuff for the new house. Also my STi is my daily driver and I like the reliability of a stock vehicle. If I am going to race someone or go to the track I will take my other car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
8 months and 11,000 miles later I am still stock :wink: However, I am waiting on the TurboXS UTEC (engine management) which is slated to be available around April/May. I will also get a TBE, intake and probably a BOV installed at the same time. So I will be stock for about another 4 months or so. I don't wanna slap on bolt-ons until the UTEC is available to avoid boost creep.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am stock except for audio/video/security upgrade. I am waiting on everyone else to be my guinea pigs and then I will make up my mind after a year or so. Like DVTURK I am waiting on the UTEC and then I will start feeding my ride some more speed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
DrEvyl said:
...........My mod budget is going to my Firebird right now... I can't have it be slower than my STi. My intention is to always have it be able to smoke my STi in every category.
I wish I could've kept my '01 SS AND bought the STi but the budget wouldn't allow that. It was one or the other and the STi prevailed. I'm happy with the STi but will always miss the Camaro.

As far as stock goes? Naaaah. I can't leave anything stock! :wink:

It's my intention to make the STi smoke my old SS in every category. That way I won't miss it so much. Top end is going to be a b*tch!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts