IW STi Forum banner

Who's running an ewg kit in NoVa?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  erickrocks 
#1 ·
So I had no idea that piecing together a 20g kit would be so hard. Actually, who knew finding a ewg kit would be so hard. From my understanding, there is basically NO ewg dump kit that will fit correctly with no problems. For example: UR kit: dump tube is good, wastegate hits bellmouth. Grimmspeed: dump tube hits cv boot, tial clears downpipe Helix: pretty difficult to create a dump tube for it. I know there are other uppipes as well, but I'm trying to keep cost down unless someone can convince me. Question is, what are you guys in the area running? I'm about to just get the grimmspeed and find a shop to custom fab a dump tube. Any suggestions?
-Joe

#2 ·
I would go with custom fabricated dump tube. It shouldn't too take much time, effort, or money. Better yet if you know anybody that can weld and has a pipe bender (if the tube needs to be bent to avoid hitting anything), it should be pretty simple.

#3 ·
I had asked daemon in his FS thread of his UR upipe/dumptube a similar question. I have a Deadbolt 20g on the way and wanted to know if it would fit my Cobb DP. I cant quote because the thread is locked now but he replied this...

"At one point I had it installed with a Cobb downpipe and an SZ49, so I say yes. The only issue is that with the wastegate on, getting the bottom turbo/flange nut on is very hard. This is where using the UR downpipe makes things easier due to the extra room afforded by not having a bellmouth."

He posted a pic also but im to lazy to post it, I think the description is enough to get the idea across. Im going with the UR kit more than likely unless I find an amazing used deal here on the forum. Yes its a PITA to install but it fits.

#5 ·
Hill at Agile Auto designed an uppipe to work with the Turbosmart EWG. I would give them a ring. I've been contemplating this upgrade as well.

#8 ·
Man, you'd have to give him a ring as he mentioned this to me a year ago. I wanna say it was around $600, including installation and EWG. Maybe he'll chime in. He showed me one that was in his shop and it looked top notch. I have been extremely pleased with his work on my car.

#12 ·
Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but loosely related I believe. I'm thinking of going EWG but am concerned about NoVA's car inspections, particularly the visual inspection where they'd see the EWG.

OP...did you end up getting the EWG and if yes, are you passing emissions tests (and where?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.