IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Do you guys know of any vendor that sells the triple 60mm Defi Guage Pod pre-painted to match the dashboard color or will paint the pods as an extra service?? Yes, I know I could paint it myself but I couldn't paint the Japanese flag even if my life depended on it(yes, a red dot in the middle of white rectangle even presents a problem for me), I really don't want to risk messing it up. Money isn't an issue. Your feedback means a lot, I've been looking all over the place a vendor that will, maybe you guys can help me out.

Thanks again,

-STiLL

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Speedo Needle problem

Last I saw, Vivid Racing offers those services. . . . check out their website and see if it's still the case when you look up the dash pod. :p

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on, thanks Yukon. I see they do offer painting the Defi Pod as an extra service. :D I'll be giving them a call soon...

Thanks again,
-STiLL

·
Registered
391 Posts
Called Vivid. They stated that the STI interior has not been able to be matched correctly. So what they are doing is painting the pods the color of the car (exterior) :evil:

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Whoah. . .. that's hella gay.

They should at least try to get it close to the interior color. I think their customers would at least accept that over having a WHITE cluster pod if they should have a white STi. :roll:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yukonart said:
Whoah. . .. that's hella gay.

They should at least try to get it close to the interior color. I think their customers would at least accept that over having a WHITE cluster pod if they should have a white STi. :roll:
Yeah man tell me about it. :roll:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hispanics said:
Hey Hummer but the pics you have on your web sight show a carbon fiber one. How do you know this will match so well?
I had the Defi pod from Jspec. I wanted the Carbon Concepts pod but it was not available in 60mm last July. I sold the Defi on eBay when CC put out a 60mm pod. The CC pod is smaller and angled towards the driver. The Defi pod hides the gauges back in shadows.The Defi was not good for me in daylight.

I did think that the pod matched the dash nicely. FWIW

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Hummer, the whole reason why I started this thread was because Jspec told me they didn't offer the pods pre painted and now I've been on an endless search for a vendor that will...wtf! I asked them(Jspec) if they sold them prepainted(got the tip from your website, Hummer :D):

Here is Jspec's thread on Nasioc Vendor forum:

ME:

"Thaison,

Do you guys offer the 60mm Defi Gauge Pod pre-painted to match the WRX interior?

Thanks,
-STiLL"

J-SPEC TUNING:

"STiLL WILL - Sorry, only selling the Defi pods without the paint job. Just too expensive to get these painted by our painters.

Thanks,
Thaison"

Hummer, do you think I should give them a call?

thanks,
-STiLL

·
Registered
759 Posts
They had painted pods when I purchased mine last June.

You should at least be able to get the color that they used. I think it was AEM Ford smoke m. It would not be hard to do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Floor Mats?

Hispanics,

Hey keep me updated on what Jspec says when you give them a call! Thanks!

Hummer,

Yah thanks for your help, I know about the Ford smoke M paint...I believe someone else also found a perfect match using a Duplicolor color.

Thanks guys...keep me updated!
-STiLL

·
Registered
391 Posts
STiLLWILL said:
Hispanics,
Hey keep me updated on what Jspec says when you give them a call! Thanks!
-STiLL
Still, I did not bother with JSpec since you already got an answer from them. But I spoke with Thad at http://vinylpro.safeshopper.com
and he said if I send the OEM clock Pod along with the Defi Pod he would match the color perfectly. I was impressed with him. It costs 25 to "Computer" color match it. http://vinylpro.safeshopper.com/28/222.htm?293
Then the price to paint it.....he would not give me a price until he saw it. Sounds good enough for me. I am going with him.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys,

"wewu" on ClubWRX.net said he bought his Defi pod pre-painted from Guru([email protected]). I guess I'll give him a call and see.

-STiLL

·
Registered
411 Posts
A tuner shop did the install for mine, and they sent the pod out to be dyed. Not exactly sure how much it cost but it was less than $20. It came out a slightly lighter than the dash but hardly noticable under direct sunlight.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright guys, I called up Dan at Godspeed Motorsports today. He does, in fact, sell the Defi 60mm WRX Guage Pod PREPAINTED to match the WRX/STi dash. He said Christmas they got wiped clean so expect him to have the prepainted pods in stock either the 3rd or 4th week of January. When I asked Dan how close the match was from the Defi Pod to the WRX/STi dash: "It's REALLLY close."

Price for PREPAINTED 60MM DEFI WRX GUAGE POD = $160+shipping(around $5 dollars)

Dan @ Godspeed Motorsports (248)-305-8140..call him!

Dan if you see this, THANK YOU for your help when I called!

-Matt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts