IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who out there in subby land has modified and uses their RALLY INSPIRED subaru for more of the offroad driving as the car was intended to do (i think)? everyone always yaps about 0-60, 1/4, top speed... but no one really says a word about their subaru being the off roader... not that it has to be like a wrc car, but at least use it in that way sometimes

post pics if you have them

example:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, I live on a gravel road. :D I was playing in a wet waterway last year and got it buried nicely as you can see in the pics. Turns out the left side fell into a plow furrow I had forgotten about. That combined with a lot of watter and the stock RE-92s equals a mess.

-Lance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
wish i had a camera the night i put my STi in a cow pasture. misjudged a turn at 4am and found myself in a very similar situation. those pics bring back memories. of course my car spent a month at the body shop and i spent the AM in the hospital. those are awesome pics...despite the bad luck. even if you had some more aggressive treads...would'nt have helped. wow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
oohhhh.. you have a bigger one? lets have it! i sooo want that as my background... nice 'action' pic.. better than the relatively lame one i have now of a stationary STi :lol:

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
Looks like you grayed out the background...nice! Hey maybe you can send it to Subaru and see if they'll use it in a future brochure or magazine ad of theirs! :D

btw, the links didn't work for me unless I did a Save target as...

Also, do you want your license plate to be on all of our computers too? :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Actually I did not take the pics or do the background thing. All I did was take the original and cut me out to center it more. Then I photoshoped out the water bottle and the bug splat on the front edge of the hood. I thought about the license plate but really what could someone do. Actually, maybe I will grey it out or something. Hmmm, the links worked for me but now at work it doesn't.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Photographically that is a really neat shot. I especially like the original. The composition is a little better with the car in the top corner. (Rule of thirds!) I like the plates too, and now that see the original I know what you mean about the bug splat and the water bottle. But now I am way off topic.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
QUESTION? where can i get those mudflaps? i do alot of driving on dirt and gravel roads and mudflaps strike me as a good idea.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i thought about the exterior section about 3 seconds after i asked were to get the mudflaps. some days the old brain just does'nt want to work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts