IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you wanna see what i'm talking about, look here. i've always liked 'em. i especially like that they're clear this model year; they were yellow previously. anybody know a source? i haven't had much luck finding them. thanks.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
www.vividracing.com sells orange and clear side markers. i have a few australian places that sell the clear ones aswell, but i would think vivid would be cheaper since it is in usa already.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There are replica onces... you just do your own wiring, and cut your own hole!

They go for about $30,
if you can't find it, let me know, I can get you some...

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Re: Autocross setup

Source: irs.co.jp

Prices are better than japanparts.com

email: [email protected]

Quoted me: 4,500 yen

SAA3050000 GDB Side Winker Clear Lens Set

I spoke to Nakahara on the phone. He understands english. Seems like a great business person. PM your questions. I do not scourt the forums as I used to.

·
Registered
121 Posts
keep me posted on what you find 4MLA1FN ... if I calculated the exchange right off the top of my head, thats only aobut $27????

wow :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah, it's more like $41 (roughly 100yen/dollar). nevertheless, i will follow-up with any response i get. maybe we can do a group buy; not so much to lower the price, but to save on int'l shipping. we'll see.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
www.xe.com

Best place for quick up to the minute exchange rate info.

$41 is correct.

Issue: Are our GDB's prewired for this light? ANybody look behind their fenders yet?

·
Registered
121 Posts
$41 is still a decent price. good question on the wiring though, can anybody else check this? mine is in the shop right now so I won't be able to answer this for a while ....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SmittyTi said:
$41 is still a decent price..
i totally agree. here's the response i got from them:

Ron san

Thank you for e-mail. All Japanese Spec. GDB Impreza 2003 model has Clear Lens at Fender Signal Lamp. It's 84401SA000   1,160 yen x 2. But not set up any option harness. Because standard car has it already from line.

Nakahara
i'm going to spin through the wiring diagrams in the service manual to see if we might have line or connector in place. i'm skeptical, but this would just mean we have to do a little splicing. easy. and note that his price is even better: 2320 yen or about $20! it'll cost more in shipping and customs. ;)

so. who wants some lights? :) it's not going to be plug and play, and may not even work out in the end. but i think it's worth a chance.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
vividracing has put side markers on their wrx havent they? so there must be a way to make it work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would think it wouldn't be tough, but I'm not a whiz with wiring so I would definitely need some help.

Keep me posted on what you find from the service manual, and any wiring diagrams you might cook up.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
just looked at pics on their website, they have them on project wrx 1 but not 2, but still... shouldnt be too much diff...

M

·
0 Posts
I am so in on this 4FMLA1FN, please let me know before you order or link me to ordering it myself, :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Need Help! My STi was totaled due to flood!

dan @ vividracing told me to call him for install info. i'm about to do that...back in a few minutes...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay. [email protected] has 'em for $59 a set. i asked about a group buy. he said if we could get 6 people, he might be able to let 'em loose for $50.

re: mounting, he said it's very easy. make a template of the connector on the back of the lamp and you drill your hole to match, splice into the ground and turn signal (at the headlight), and attach your wires to the sidemarker. there is no connector, but it has exposed pins like normal connectors so you can pretty easily connect wires with solder or push-on connectors.

also, they come in three colors; blue, smoked, and white/clear. (i don't recall if they're all the same price.)

i'm waiting for an email from the guy in japan about shipping cost, etc. we can decide then.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts