IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want 18"x10" wheels for my car, i was wondering if anyone knows of someone that manufactures them in that size. i know team dynamics makes what im looking for but the bolt circle is a different size on sti's.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
The wrx shares the same bolt pattern as the 04 sti. Bolt pattern is 5x100

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh really?

then why did dave at srp tell me that it was different and these wheels he had off an sti wouldn't fit on mine?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know the fenders can be rolled, i've seen it done to make em fit, wont look as nice but oh well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rotational mass sucks balls. I went from 17x7 to 18x8.5, and you can feel a bunch of drivetrain play that wasn't there before and the acceleration suffered pretty bad. Everytime you load/unload the driveline it feels like the whole thing is getting twisted a little bit, not very comforting. But then you'd get balls deep in a corner and it would make up for it, so you could try it, but youd need to roll the fenders, my 18x8.5s came within like 1/16th of an inch to my fenders because my perrin springs made the back sit so low, but I imagine any amount of lowering with that wide of wheel simply wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
965 Posts
bradze said:
i want 18"x10" wheels for my car, i was wondering if anyone knows of someone that manufactures them in that size. i know team dynamics makes what im looking for but the bolt circle is a different size on sti's.
The Team dynamics wheels will fit your WRX. There are 2 sizes that SRP carries.

5x100 for WRX, RS, 04 STI, Forester, Baja, Legacy

5x114.3 for 05STI +

The center bore of 56.1 is the same for all Subarus

18x9's can be ordered but I think they are a little wide. You would be better off with 18x8. 18x9 + will be heavier but when you do this the tire is what gets really heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts