IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to replace the daily driver ('01 S4) and I have my eyes set on an STi. If any of you know of good deals to be had on any "distress sales" - let me know. Otherwise it's off to the dealerships and that whole routine. I'd rather pay a fair price to a local who needs to unload.

Cheers,

Al

·
Registered
174 Posts
Joking aside...there are some good deals at subie stores to be had right now (winter sales usually slow and initial rush to purchases over) and I'd suggest you get a new one and break her in yourself.
Remember to plan for winter tires, floor mats and an aftermamket radio.
Welcome to the club...this is a great forum with some class members !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snead_c said:
... I'd suggest you get a new one and break her in yourself.
Remember to plan for winter tires, floor mats and an aftermamket radio.
You just hit on the best reason to buy new (break-in/known history), and one of the best reasons to buy used (wheels/tires, stereo, etc. -- usually a sunk cost for the seller) in the same post!

Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking for a while and like the STi-only aspect of these threads.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
sweet.most people nowadays are getting at/under/around invoice.
if you shop around you can get a really good deal,with most of the options included.cause even if the dealer loses a little money in the deal.they will get browny points for selling the sti.and this is a cruddy time for car sales,evo's-$26-27,sti's-$27-29,msp's-$15-16
so most models are kickin deals on new cars.good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Mass, but I'd travel to the neighboring states for the right deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts