IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of mudflaps have people installed and how are they? I am thinking that I will need them when they start dumping salt and sand on the snowy roads in the Chicago area. They just pour it on like crazy around here. I am thinking of modifying my wifes Civic's mudflaps because they look pretty close to a direct fit on the STi. Just wondering what other people were putting on and how they are working. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I have the STi ones but am not sure if they are still available in all colors. They work great. Have real good coverage. The fronts even wrap around the inside to protect more. They performed good over the weekend when I did some light "rallying" on some gravel roads.

·
Registered
614 Posts
RE070 performance in the cold

I have the same ones as MKIV, only mine are black and say "Subaru Tecnica International" underneath the STi logo. (java black STi). Their coverage is second to none, and while exorbitantly expensive I've rec'd several compliments on their appearance....I'm very pleased w/them. And from the research I did prior to purchase they are only available in blue or red at this point, unless you stumble across a set in inventory somewhere.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The mud flaps on the blue STi look NICE...very sweet, but from the colors that I saw on that link, I saw NO silver ones :cry: Anyone out there with a silver STi that has flaps or has an idea what might look good with the silver STi....all I can think of is black and I'm thinking they might look too plain. Anyhow, plus...what is their price....I read they were high, but how high?...thanks....Jarod

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm still trying to find a local place that could mold us some very small, very low profile front mudflaps....just enough to keep water and crap from being thrown up the side of the car. I have the design in my head...just need a place to make em for me.

If something like this actually got off of the ground, I'd probably get a production run made and sell em off.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
:)

Yeah, but I actually like the flaps on all four like the blue STi in that pic has...they look really nice. I still haven't got a clue on the color I should choose for the silver car. Also, who knows the price of these things...or a round about price....fill me in....Thanks

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
whiplash306 said:
Yeah, but I actually like the flaps on all four like the blue STi in that pic has...they look really nice. I still haven't got a clue on the color I should choose for the silver car. Also, who knows the price of these things...or a round about price....fill me in....Thanks
About $200 from japanparts. I think black would look the best on Silver. I'd buy them in a second for winter, but that price tag is holding me back.

-st

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
That price on japanparts.com is for front OR rear, not all 4. Mine were $365 for the whole set.

Another option is to get the stock Subaru guards that are real small. I think they are made for the Impreza RS or something. You have to dremmel the front ones to fit over the side spoilers. I did not know that was an option before I ordered the STi ones. I still like the STi ones and their coverage is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
WOW, those things really are expensive...this car is a great, but a real reality check when it comes to ANYTHING aftermarket due to the prices, but I appreciate the feedback from you all and will consider purchasing a full set, but definately AFTER Christmas. Thanks again...Jarod

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone used or seen the mud flaps from Fastline motorsports?

The price is a lot less then the Sti flaps but I am not sure about the quality. Also anyone know if they are offered in other colors?

The price of the Sti mud flaps is crazy expensive especially when you convert it to Canuck bucks. I would much rather put that cash into performance mods.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
fastline flaps.........
they are LARGE can be trimmed down to your liking. rears installed very easy. the fronts would have been much easier if the supplied "green" push-in adapter/screw holder/plastic toggle bolt was the right size. it was way to long and hit behind fender not allowing the screw to be tightened. i changed them to push-in clips. these are not going to win any style points!!!! they will however protect the car from anything the tires can throw at them. i personally prefer function over form.......
ted

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoever has the mud flaps could you tell me how they are installed. Do they use the screws that are already there or are there others that are needed. I was looking at just some universal ones for the winter and want to know how the regular ones are installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
TL-racer/STi-driver said:
Whoever has the mud flaps could you tell me how they are installed.
Yeah, I'm wondering if with the mudflaps like MKIV has if they would be easy to remove for the summer (I personally like the looks of the car w/o them, but just seeing how much dirt and leaves wind up on the side of the car, I just know it will be a sandblasting without them when I go up to the ski resort this winter).

Also on their web site, if you follow the mud flaps link, it only has the WRC ones and not the STi ones (though they are listed under STi)...

This : http://www.japanparts.com/shop/shop.cgi?mode=list2&maker=Subaru&type_car=Impreza+WRX+2004/2003 to this: http://www.japanparts.com/shop/shop...ond=Handling+and+Braking&type_third=Mud+Flaps gives you these: http://www.japanparts.com/Accessories/Subaru/exterior/STi/swmtmdflap.2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Not sure if TL-racer is talking about the STi flaps I have or the fastline ones. Both use the holes already in the fenders. You replace the push screws with an adapter/plastic thing nhsilversti mentioned and then screw the flaps into those with the supplied screws. My STi flaps came with brackets, screws, nuts, and washers. My front flaps wrap around the inside a little and need 2 more holes drilled for them. The rears need one hole drilled. I have more pics of them if you need to see what I am talking about. I also see no reason why you could not remove them in the summer.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. Did you use the same links I posted above from the JapanParts.com site or am I not doing something right? All I get is the WRC ones. :cry:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.