IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,937 Posts
Many people, it is a great tool but keep in mind it is still in a beta version and should not be used by a beginner. Personally I would say start with something like StreetTUNER to get a foundation on tuning and has every table you need to make WOT power for the average person. It has a friendly interface which makes tuning and learning very helpful to the average person and beginner. Starting to tune on Enginuity is not the best thing to do IMO since it is more like a version of ProTUNER with access to various tables that most people would never need to touch. Also w/o the ability to tune in realtime it makes tuning as a beginner very difficult and time consuming. If you mess with the wrong table because you are not 100% the full purpose and functionality of the table then one little mistake can destroy you motor. As I responded in your previous thread, get the right tools before you start. Tuning w/o a wideband, EGT, knock monitor, boost gauge, etc. is like playing with fire.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand your feelings and totally agree that discourageing me from doing something stupid :eek: and possiblly damaging my engine is an understandble response to my question. For the sake of arguement lets assume that everyone has to start out somewhere and relize that I know HOW MUCH I DONT KNOW. I am coming in ingnorace:( to learn more. I see cobb and I know how effective and well thought out their product is. My problem is there is a product that is free and is probalby 80% as good the only real drawback is user friendlyness and the lack of a good logger. I may end up purchasing AP/new streettuner once I can see the specs and determine if it is truly worth the outlaly of cash. I just was hoping that the people on this forum would be a little more helpful:D No disrespect intended to anyone I just think that... I don't know it's been along weekend. Thanks for responding.

Derek Murray

· Registered
140 Posts
I just started using it to tune in conjunction w/ UTEC (I use utec for ease of map switching) and am very happy with it. For the $91 to get the tactrix cable w/ both Subaru Test Connectors, I feel it is money very well spent.

· Registered
1,937 Posts
It is money well spent but tuning in realtime is worth every penny at the time being. My point is just ST is a way better place to start than openecu tools. Since you have tuned w/ utec then enginuity should be a breeze. Derek, I am not bashing, just saying there is plenty of info in the ST forum and all around. The Cobb guide is a great piece but the only way to learn is to log your car. W/o a wideband you are not logging fuel which plays a big roll in tuning and timing should not be tuned until a well established fuel curve is in place. Tuning fuel w/o a wideband is just dangerous and should not be done at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.