IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle Automotive parking light

Car is actually FS, trying to build up my post history though as I don't have access to that forum yet. Been lurking but never posted, didn't realize there was a limit. I love love love this car but am looking to get a truck for other reasons. Really hoping I can have one again later on down the line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, anyone have any idea what the post count is? Kind of frustrating, but I get it and respect it. Obviously keeps spammers and scammers to a minimum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks really good. if you can hold onto it these are going up up up in value.
I would if I could but I can't. I need a truck unfortunately. I also daily drive this STI, and I often feel really bad to even put miles on it. Keeps me up at night sometimes, lol. This is the most enjoyable car I've owned and my 4th turbocharged Subaru. This one really has been amazing too and incredibly reliable, much more so than my others. The work that the PO put in really shows in that respect. I have put almost exactly 5k miles on it since owning it and all 5k have been problem free and very enjoyable.

I just had the car accepted to BaT today, but am not sure if I will go through with the listing. I'm hoping to sell it to someone on the forums, and am always worried about a no reserve auction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been able to keep additional miles on this low by driving my wife's '10 FXT and driving my motorcycle when weather permits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Realizing now though that the classifieds here on iWSTi are pretty weak though. Not active at all, I don't think I'll even bother trying to continue getting my post count up, does not seem worth the time. Nasioc is far, far more active it appears.

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Realizing now though that the classifieds here on iWSTi are pretty weak though. Not active at all, I don't think I'll even bother trying to continue getting my post count up, does not seem worth the time. Nasioc is far, far more active it appears.
The classifieds aren't as active here as it's specific to the STI. But there have been plenty of transactions over the years so it isn't a complete waste of time.

A lot of transactions happen via PM from what we've seen as well but we just recently put the classifieds/PM rules into place so i'm guessing a lot of those threads that were there were from people who joined to sell and left. Which also defeats the purpose as well so another side effect of the change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The classifieds aren't as active here as it's specific to the STI. But there have been plenty of transactions over the years so it isn't a complete waste of time.

A lot of transactions happen via PM from what we've seen as well but we just recently put the classifieds/PM rules into place so i'm guessing a lot of those threads that were there were from people who joined to sell and left. Which also defeats the purpose as well so another side effect of the change.
What do you mean defeats the purpose? That's literally the purpose of a for sale forum on a car specific forum site. It's to post your car somewhere with visibility to people that like the type of car, and sell it.

That's not possible now. You need to have a specific post count that is unknown, basically meaning only members that are active can post. I've been a part of many vehicle forums for the sole purpose of selling a vehicle, and I've been successful in doing so many times. This is a very rare restriction which I've never encountered, and it has essentially put the nail in the coffin on this FS forum. I think that's 100% evident by the complete lack of activity in that forum in the recent past.

A much better approach would be strict set of rules (to weed out scammers and spammers) that are well enforced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean, the most recent 10 posts on the FS forum go back EIGHTH months. On Nasioc, they go back literally 2 days. It's completely dead.

When were the restrictions implemented?

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
308 Posts
the rennlist forums also has this restriction and its annoying as hell.
Damn, that's what it is!
I thought you had to be a paying member to post up.
I joined in 2015 but I only have 31 posts because Cayman's don't get much love on there unless you own a GT4.
Do you know what the minimum is for rennlist?
I've got at least 5 things I could post up right away if I knew how many posts I needed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts