IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking to buy a White/Gold, but we can't find any at the dealers. We've looked in 3 different states (wisconsin, illinois and Michigan). Are the white Stis that hard to get? Did you guys with white ones have to pre-order them?

-d

T

·
0 Posts
I saw one last week in the dealer showroom in my area. Of course this is in Canada so I'm not much help. But they are out there.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I haven't seen any in my area, either in person or at the dealers. My guess is there are less of them in the color allotments, but I'm not sure if that's specific to various regions of the country or just true in general.

Anyway, anyone owning a white sti should be glad. They aren't likely to see themselves coming and going.

·
Banned
54 Posts
mkewrx said:
A friend of mine is looking to buy a White/Gold, but we can't find any at the dealers. We've looked in 3 different states (wisconsin, illinois and Michigan). Are the white Stis that hard to get? Did you guys with white ones have to pre-order them?

-d
Try Mastro Subaru in Tampa, FL 813-884-7513 ask for Larry.
B2

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man, he is going to check if they have any coming in.
Crap, they do aftermarket installs, have a dyno and carry ECUTEK!! I gotta move back down to FL!!

-d

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a white/gold, didn't realize that was a rare combo. It was the only one that my dealer had on the lot. Silver was my top choice, white was second - gold rims only.

-Ollie

M

·
0 Posts
The last % sheet I saw showed that white STi's would be the rarest color by far, I don't know how accurate it was.

The initial batch had quite a few White STi's but they seem harder and harder to find now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most Desirable Car?

I just picked mine up 2 days ago, White/Silver dealer is swapping me for gold wheels in a few days. Pretty rare, I was told there were only 5 in Texas left and I got one of them. But I dont know that I believe that (thats pretty rare) At the same time though I looked for a while before a white popped up. Just tell them you want a white, they will do a dealer trade.

BTW I got mine w/ options, BG Mirror Lugs and Armrest for 30. Not the best deal but you can still haggle the price under MSRP (Way under).

·
Registered
31 Posts
There was a white/silver one at the showroom in one of the dealers I went to(actually...the only one I went to >_<) It was majestic looking...

I consider it pretty rare, at least on the street...don't see many of those...

·
Banned
54 Posts
mkewrx said:
Thanks man, he is going to check if they have any coming in.
Crap, they do aftermarket installs, have a dyno and carry ECUTEK!! I gotta move back down to FL!!

-d
Yeah they are great! Installed my Boost controller. Great Performance dealer. Great people too. Tell Larry Brian Buzek Sent you.
Good luck
B2

·
Registered
201 Posts
here in brunei, the white ones are the least sti imported. we only have three so far... lots of blue and black... no silver ones though.. all sti in here are gold rimmed...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check Byers Dublin Subaru in Columbus Ohio. 2455 Billingsley Rd
Columbus, OH 43235
614-792-2455

They currenty have two White/Golds in stock. They have 5 total and have had them for at leat a month. Check'em out, they might want to deal given their high inventory.
Mike

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Carter Subaru in Seattle I think still has two white STis sitting on the lot. I believe one has gold wheels, the other silver. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info guys. We located one in Minnesota which is not too far, and will try to get our local dealer to do a trade.

Thanks again
-d

·
Registered
31 Posts
they have two white ones at parkway in wilmington NC they have been sitting on them for awhile you can prolly get a good deal there

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you have the patience, the dealer can order white/gold. That's how I bought my STi. I had it ordered with the exact color combo I wanted and the exact options I wanted, no ifs, ands, or buts...arrived how I wanted it.
<----White/Gold STi.

-Matt

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who long did you have to wait for it?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
i did the same thing(order).but i got tired of waiting.went to washington post website,went to cars section,searched all the dealers in my area(northern va,md,dc).found 2 one,was alreay sold
so i bought the other one. i think there is only 5-6 white in the area.
i don't like the white gold combo though.probably sell/trade my golds.if you have the patience order it,pay msrp.if you don't have the patience, start dealin at,under,around invoice.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i was just at my dealer yesterday and they were talking about this very topic. one tech mentioned that he saw his first white STi the day before. they also mentioned that they never have gotten any white STi's in to sell, just blue/silver and silver/silver. i think some of this has to do with the fact that white is just not the most popular color in the USA. the only white Subies i see are Outbacks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts