IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sort of. :p

I went down to Subaru of Jacksonville and bought my STi on Monday. I decided to have it shipped vs breaking in the motor on the hwy (5 hr drive) back to Atlanta. I'm still waiting for it to be delivered to my office. The dealership was awesome. They waited until I arrived after hours so we could seal the deal. Best car buying experience I've ever had. If you decide you want an STi and don't want to be ripped off, talk to Ted. Steve is his Manager and Jerry is the Finance guy. I met Phil the Owner and all were really cool and easy to work with. They really enjoy selling Suby's and making the customer happy!

They have 12 more Sti's on the lot ready to go. All have an MSRP of $31,545. :eek: A couple have aftermarket goodies like a TXS turboback exhaust and up pipe, Kenwood Stereo, ect, but most are bone stock with no port installed options.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
week later, still no car. I think it's still at the dealer lot, it was there Friday. <stress>

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cel and cruise light

I called them before they closed and it was still there. The owner had left and was the lead guy in contacting the transport. They are going to call me first thing in the morning and let me know when I should expect it's arrival. Takes 5 hrs to drive form JAX to the ATL. This week long wait is a lil nerve-racking........

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Shoot.... I would have just gone up and driven it home. I know it would be a pain, but they could have had it there by now. Besides, now someone else is going to be driving your car down, most likely, and who knows how they are going to drive it?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's coming in on a car carrier. No one will be driving it. ;)

Oh they said it'll be here Thursday night. I'm betting it'll be Friday.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh trust me, I'll be crawling all over that car (and under it) before I sign off. :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll have to meet up. IM me when you get it. A friend of mine bought one yesterday at Subaru of Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got it!

It was covered in bugs. :D

I left the car with 9 miles on teh speedo and it had 12 miles when it was delivered. :sly:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
TreyS said:
It was covered in bugs. :D

I left the car with 9 miles on teh speedo and it had 12 miles when it was delivered. :sly:
They couldn't be bothered to clean it up for you or what?! That's kind of bizarre. Especially if those three miles were spent flying through the woods collecting bugs.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car was the first car on top of the car carrier so it took the brunt of it in transport. Supposedly the car was washed and waxed before they shipped it. It got a nice warm bath when I took her home tho. ;)

55 miles and counting :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts