IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comments, etc?

I have never gone beyond basic modifications on a car. This new upgraded ECU or Piggy Back ECU stuff is somewhat confusing to the newcomer. Can you offer some tips?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Unless you are going to have a continuing stream of modifications or some unsatiated need to fiddle with the tune of the car - get a dyno tuned reflash after you have done all your upgrades. Going to the right tuner you will have a balance of optimal power with safe running and the temptation to fiddle with the tune will be greatly reduced.

There are only a few situations where I would say that a piggy back like Xede or what is turning into a stand alone take over of fuel and timing like UTEC are preferable to the end user. You haven't raised any those situations.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
UTEC buddy!, speaken of the UTEC when is it comen out????? hey charged you might know or anyone reading this, is the UTEC still going to use the MAF???? becasue if it is, that sucks purely! thats a restriction of its self!

·
Registered
153 Posts
TXS's announced intent is to make use of the MAF sensor optional. Hopefully the end results will be something more than a simulated MAF sensor. If it is there will still be software limitations. The MAF reliance is not just a hardware restriction it is a restriction of the ECU itself. If they are simulating a MAF signal there will have to be some calibrated intake and injector changes that accompany it similar to Perrin's.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like the XEDE. I am able to plug my laptop into the XEDE and adjust maf/map/timing and boost. I can also hook up my IC sprayer and have it auto spray {I need a few wires}.

The only variable that I have adjusted so far has been the boost curve.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i wish the UTEC or any computer would not use the MAF, and just a map sensor so that way we can just have an open air and turbo w/o restriction!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ecutek is the way to go. It'll be available at the end of this month

mario
... Are you positive Mario??? That would be so awesome if so... cuz I already paid for my EcuTek reflash... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts