Votes: 11 20.8%
  • sz 49

Votes: 16 30.2%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i of course will have all supporting mods. now if i go with the green it will obviously be the 3 inch inlet on the turbo....my power goals are anywhere between 365-400 at the wheels. and no alchy or meth just straight pump. just wondering which would seem like a better idea.

to include:
perrin fmic
perrin fuel rail kit
perrin big maf
perrin turbo inlet
pe 850 f/inj
tial 44mm ext. wastegate
tial bov
255 fuel pump
tgv mod from kingpin since theyll be installing all of this
ap for em and tuning purposes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive read that without meth or alchy you wont get over 360-375ish with ive read about 390-400. id rather have 375-400 with pump only. could live with 375 pump and 400+ with 100oct.....that would be fine.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I voted sz49. A red would get you the power you want easier, but with more lag. You will be pushing a sz49/FPgreen closer to it's limits, but it will spool faster than the red. If lag is not an issue for you, than FPred is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would go with the SZ49/green and do an EWG wiith it, i think that would be a great street setup. And on race gas it will put down well over 400whp and be capable of an 11sec 1/4, for most people that's fast enough.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats def what im looking for is about 400whp if i wanted it but would be content with about 350-375 without stressing the turbo. now i just hope it doesnt stress the block too much lol. def just want to keep it streetable and i know the awd will def help with that.

thanks guys for the responses and info. keep them coming. any more expieriences are welcomed lol.

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
when u get a fp green (if you do ) what stock parts do u have to change ??
can u keep the block , or do u have to change that ?

·
Registered
550 Posts
go with a gt30r setup!...if not i vote green, but you cant beat rotated mount

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mayhem13 said:
go with a gt30r setup!...if not i vote green, but you cant beat rotated mount
+123456789:D

·
3,274 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
if you want 350-400 hp, i dont think a sz49 will cut it unless you are on race gas. The SZ55 might though.

but I think a green would get you there, and the red would put you there on 87 ;)
Both the SZ49 and the FP Green are 49lb/min turbos. ;) Both should get you 350-400whp.

I am eventually aiming for the same level of power and most likely I will be going for a 3" FP Green.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've NEVER seen a Green/SZ49 do 400 whp on pump gas. Even with an EWG, it gets close, but not quite there.

If 400whp is the goal, a FP Red and EWG would do the job, or rotated. Remember that a Red and Green are the same cost, and if you do the 3" inlet and tgv deletes with an EWG, the cost is the same.

Also, the cost of doing a Red/ 3" Green with an EWG is about the same cost as rotated. GT30R's will spool faster than Red's and hit the 400whp mark.

A 20g will not get you there.

Either lower your goals, or go with a GT30R, imo. A 2.4" Green with EWG will get you to 370whp or so on a good tune.

·
Registered
858 Posts
What about the t03/to4 kit from UR?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Take a look at the SZ49 with the fatboy wheel option. Better spool then the Green and normal SZ49.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the sz49 with the fat boy wheel was the one id be looking at if i chose that one. now once the decision is made on which one anybody got any ideas on how to propose this to the wifey lol. i think thats the harder question to answer lol. as of right now i think the sz49 is looking good but the fp green 3 inch isnt to far behind.

·
Registered
550 Posts
umm, i suggest telling the 'wifey' that a bigger turbo for guys= to chocolate for women. if she still doesn't understand tell her to make u a sandwhich...lol j/k, (dave chapelle is in my brain and he wouln't get out!)

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
army STI said:
the sz49 with the fat boy wheel was the one id be looking at if i chose that one. now once the decision is made on which one anybody got any ideas on how to propose this to the wifey lol. i think thats the harder question to answer lol. as of right now i think the sz49 is looking good but the fp green 3 inch isnt to far behind.
You do realize that the Deadbolt SZ49 with fatboy wheel, does have the option for the 3" inlet as well? It's an option that you have to ask for.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I vote SZ55, even though that not an option. If you want to hit high numbers on pump you better have 93 octane, because your not going to hit that on 91 unless its a forgiving dyno.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts