IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Springs Lower an 05 STI the Most? I Want It To Look Even (Keeping in mind that i will have 1 12" JL W7 or 1 13" JL W7 in the trunk)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I dont think you want to go for the most drop if you will be using the stock struts. Anything below 1" to 1.5" will definitely affect handling in a negative way. Pinks, Prodrive and RCE's are probably the most preferred right now with the stock struts. I run the Crucial Racing springs. They are the exact same spring rate as the Pinks w/ a little more drop in the front, for less money and a lifetime warranty. A single sub will not affect the drop as the springs will be stiffer. Use the search for more information on each brand.

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
I'd say RCE has the "most" drop with the best rates.

Call up GTWORX or Racecomp and pre-order the springs.

PS. Dont Get Tein!

·
I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
psuLemon said:
X2 and you can pay with cheeseburgers too!:lol:
just make sure they are the right ones. :lol:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
trippin said:
I dont think you want to go for the most drop if you will be using the stock struts. Anything below 1" to 1.5" will definitely affect handling in a negative way. Pinks, Prodrive and RCE's are probably the most preferred right now with the stock struts. I run the Crucial Racing springs. They are the exact same spring rate as the Pinks w/ a little more drop in the front, for less money and a lifetime warranty. A single sub will not affect the drop as the springs will be stiffer. Use the search for more information on each brand.
+1.....

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,528 Posts
I have seen two sets of teins destroy shocks on STi's, so I'll NEVER recomend them to any one. Swifts have the most drop (30mm) and still provide a good rate to work with. The strut travel, while different, will not blow out the struts. I have had them for 10K miles or more, and i would recomend them to anyone. As soon as i take them off (getting RCE springs) they will be for sale here.

·
3,296 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
As soon as i take them off (getting RCE springs) they will be for sale here.
RaceComp whore!

(Of course I say this as I am wearing my nice, new RaceComp shirt that Myles gave me yesterday. ;))

Yea, I just posted this since I had to tell somebody I was wearing my sweet new RaceComp shirt.

Um, back on topic, Teins are bad mmmkay? Pinks/Prodrives/Swifts/RCEs like everyone else says. I like my Tarmac springs, but they might be a little bit too stiff for the stock strut.

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,528 Posts
kts262 said:
RaceComp whore!

(Of course I say this as I am wearing my nice, new RaceComp shirt that Myles gave me yesterday. ;))

Yea, I just posted this since I had to tell somebody I was wearing my sweet new RaceComp shirt.

Um, back on topic, Teins are bad mmmkay? Pinks/Prodrives/Swifts/RCEs like everyone else says. I like my Tarmac springs, but they might be a little bit too stiff for the stock strut.
WHAT!!! YOU HAVE A SHIRT!!! I dont even have one of those! thats it, I'm demanding a shirt!!!

If you want safe low, get swifts.. i dont know of anything that is much lower and still gives you a good ride.

·
3,296 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
WHAT!!! YOU HAVE A SHIRT!!! I dont even have one of those! thats it, I'm demanding a shirt!!!
heh. i only got it since i paid cash for my new whiteline front sway bar and Myles didn't have any change on him. so he gave me a sweet new shirt which i'm going to totally whore out @ the subaru challenge next week. :D

but you're like an employee there, you should demand a shirt! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.