• Kicker

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • other

Votes: 9 34.6%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok, a lot of guys (and gals) here will vote for polks. However, as a biased owner of SPS-171A's, I can swear by Alpines. Yes I didn't have the pleasure of listening to Polks, but the clear crisp output of the Alpines keeps me a happy customer. I use them for mid and tweet only though.
On a logical side note, Polk's higher RMS capability with a wider band may make it more versatile. Beware though, there is no such thing as master of every thing in the real world.
I also own a set of front and rear IAP adaptors for both front and back. Although they are cut and painted first rate, and their holes match pretty close, in the end they are just MDF pieces that you can cut all by yourself (or have it cut by a pro for dime and nickels). The fronts were still thin for the SPS-171A's, so I had to use the adaptors that came with the speakers on top of IAP's. Also the rear ones are intended to be just templates (as stated in the manual), and you still need to drill holes on your rear doors with the supplied self drilling screws.
What ever you choose, I hope you will enjoy them.
Edit: Not to be hypocratical, the goods, service and delivery were first rate and painless w/ IAP even at a distance of 7000 miles, and I really appriciated it.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now i am leaning towards the polks as my friend has them and they sound very nice and i can get matching rears for half price thru crutchfield.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jr24dawg said:
diamond!!

but with your list I would go with the polks!!
I work in car stereo so I have heard all three.
Diamonds are very nice, but a bit pricey for my situation. Since i am moving in a week, i have very limited funds.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I'm probably gonna go with a set of MB Quart PCE-216, they're 250 on most sites.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
whitson01 said:
i like boston acoustics..
+1234567
Listen to us, try boston acoustic out, they are some of the best sounding, and cripsest sounding ever. I listen to alot of heavy music like slipknot, and mudvayne, but other music too like incubus, tool, etc. And it is an awesome speaker. It also has a perfect amount of bass too if youre into rap.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have listened to bostons and they aren't too bad. my friend has them in his 2.5RS and they do sound nice. i have been considering them.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
scubadiver424 said:
Infiniti Kappas
I had these in my last car, good speaker, a bit better for the highs but great quality. My biggest issue with them is they are really expensive.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Kicker Rocks

I went with the Kicker KS6.2 components in the front doors and the KS40's in the rear doors. They sound great with the Kicker 4 channel amp.

:)

psuLemon said:
Ok, so i pretty much narrowed it down to the following speakers:

Polk DB6500

or

Alpine Type-S SPS171A

or

Kicker KS6.2

What do you guys think?

Edit: What do you guys think about the risers/hardware from www.iaperformance.com? Is there a better company to go with?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts