IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently pushing 360 wheel torque on my daily driving map, about 430 wheel torque on my meth map, and 490 wheel torque on my race gas map. Is what I want to know is, what RPS clutch should I go with? The street max full disc which holds 500 ft. lbs. to the crank or the street max 6 puck disc which holds 600 ft. lbs. to the crank? If I get the full disc I will be 50 ft lbs over with my race gas map, but I have had a spec 6 puck before and didin't really like all the chatter and it wasn't as forgiving. With a full disc I figure I can slip it a little more with around town driving. HELP!

·
Registered
2005 STi
1,289 Posts
I would say go with the 6-puck. Youre pushing much more than 550tq at the crank with your race gas map. We have ~20% drivetrain loss which would put u at ~612tq at thr crank on your race gas map. Not to mention this is the map you will be running at the track and launching it and power shifting it with.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luSTI said:
I would say go with the 6-puck. Youre pushing much more than 550tq at the crank with your race gas map. We have ~20% drivetrain loss which would put u at ~612tq at thr crank on your race gas map. Not to mention this is the map you will be running at the track and launching it and power shifting it with.
Well I got an FP Red and I have 3 maps to play with. I have a street 390whp and 360 ft lb map, a meth map with 420whp and 420 ft lb, then a race gas map with 480whp and 490 ft lb. The six puck will hold the power better but around town driving could kill it too. If I get a full face disc it will be good for around town driving but will get burned up at the track. So now I am screwed both ways.

·
'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
get the 6 puck. you'll have some head room and it's really not bad in a daily driver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.