IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fog lights

Well I had thought I ordered A Blitz sus 12 days ago but found out the company(world one) was just going to wait until they got one to send it to me. Pathetic :evil: It would have been one thing if someone let meknow the status. Anyways now Im thinking of getting something else instead. My mods so far are God's downpipe and A Blitz boost guage. Should I get the Blitz sus or an electronic Boost Controller??

edit: oh yeah I have a perrin cpulley as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I say get a DP... best bang for the buck right now. Look into an Invidia DP, they're nice and cost about 300. Just shop around. If you're having problems finding vendors, let me know, I can help you out.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Re: Any part from Japan, what would you ask for?

Isn't the Helix identical to the Invidia and cheaper?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You could get the EBC from staticX, he has his for sale in the Private Classifieds forum.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yes and the blitz EBc is freaking awsome. It'll raise your psi to 14.5-16psi THROUGHOUT the gears. Rather then just 14.5psi in 4th+... definitely a huge gain, but I gotta save my cash for UTEC whenver it is coming out. Thanks for that gforced... let me know when you get your BOV in. Im sure you'll love it, its awsome.

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
First 3 mods you should do are downpipe, intake and a boost controller. Those three things 30 whp increase. Do NOT change the cat back unless you have ported the turbo wastegate.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Guru said:
First 3 mods you should do are downpipe, intake and a boost controller. Those three things 30 whp increase. Do NOT change the cat back unless you have ported the turbo wastegate.
^
|

Good advice here based on all my research.

-st

·
Registered
597 Posts
why would it matter to port the turbo wastegate?...has everyone who has done full exhaust for this car done that?...what are the benefits and negatives?

·
Registered
199 Posts
people are getting boost creep with new cat back systems. porting the wastegate supposedly fixes this.

porting, or port matching involves taking a die grinder and matching the exit of something with the entrance of something else. in this case i'd guess the wastegate exit with the downpipe entrance, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
sakura-iro said:
people are getting boost creep with new cat back systems. porting the wastegate supposedly fixes this.

porting, or port matching involves taking a die grinder and matching the exit of something with the entrance of something else. in this case i'd guess the wastegate exit with the downpipe entrance, but i could be wrong.
They just enlarge it a bit so that it flows better. There are pics on one of the usual pages somewhere : )

-st

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Here is an example of porting. They remove material and smooth out areas in the flow path. This allows the exhaust to exit faster and smoother. Boost creep is from the wastegate not being able to keep up with flow and the excess overflowing into the turbine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts