IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, which scenario do you think would be overall better for your car:

A) Running it daily on a good 91 octane map with 91oct fuel in the tank.

B) Running it daily on a good 100 octane map with 100oct fuel in the tank.

By the term "better", I mean safer for your car and more conducive to engine longevity.

What are your thoughts on this?:cool:

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is how the tuner tunes the car. you can have a map thats much safer on 91 than a different map on 100 or vice versa. for around town just have a safe 91 map, it'll be much cheaper.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evilSTi7 said:
doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is how the tuner tunes the car. you can have a map thats much safer on 91 than a different map on 100 or vice versa. for around town just have a safe 91 map, it'll be much cheaper.
So you're saying that assuming both maps are tuned equally aggressively for their respective fuels, it would make absolutely no difference which I decided to run daily (besides the power difference of course)?

·
Registered
479 Posts
With equal maps power does still make some difference. More power = more wear on some parts. Equally aggressive tunes just means equal chances of detonation and catastropic engine failure.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
06stiman said:
So you're saying that assuming both maps are tuned equally aggressively for their respective fuels, it would make absolutely no difference which I decided to run daily (besides the power difference of course)?
no, not at all. if they are tuned equally aggressively than the 100oct would be safer. But if you have a conservative 91 tune, and an aggressive 100oct the 91 could be safer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts