IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Just wanting some general feedback as to what US magazines have the best STI product info, road testing, and product reviews on aftermarket tuning parts? I'd like to know what mags you guys read and enjoy and the reasons why you like that particular magazine. :)

Thanks in advance for your input, greatly appreciated. :tup: :D

Peter

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys, Just wanting some general feedback as to what US magazines have the best STI product info, road testing, and product reviews on aftermarket tuning parts?

I'd like to know what mags you guys read and enjoy and the reasons why you like that particular magazine.

Thanks in advance for your input, greatly appreciated. :tup: :naughty:

Peter

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
^ none. the best info is found here, or on nasioc. seems most of the mags are concerned with honda's and bling, dont really find great subaru articles.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like Modified, DSport and Turbo, they usually go indepth with their articles. Super Street is good for "recreational" reading :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
If youre talking about just for maximum subaru content then obviously subiesport wins. Otherwise for just generic car tuner mags that feature subarus I like turbo a lot.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I personally like Sport Compact Car.
They have a "Project STi" that is featured quite a bit in it.

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Is this for your advertising purpose? Either way Subiesport, Turbo, SCC, etc..

Reason why I enjoy reading them is because not only do they periodically run artiles on the Subaru but also their Illustrations are very easy to follow, even for a guy like me :lol:

·
Registered
690 Posts
subiesport=good reading

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Subiesport has the most focus on our cars, but it spends most of its time on the lower trim models, which kind of sucks since the stuff doesn't usually correlate to our cars.

Outside of that magazine, I've been finding STi coverage to be pretty sparse as most mags focus on the EVO.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
exactly.. all those damn mags out there are on the evo, cobalt or srt4.. and myabe the god send civic si!! theres a lot of sti haters out there.. but of course the best mags are over seas.. to bad we cant get a lot of them..

·
3,274 Posts
Turbo has given some decent coverage of the STi with their Project STi. Just about every issue for the last 4-5 months has had an update of their project.

However they've done most of the power mods w/o engine management which is just a poor idea. There was a letter to them this month from a reader and they explained that they've since had it tuned and are running ECUTek.

I also read Sport Compact Car and Grassroots Motorsports in addition to Subiesport which was already mentioned. Unfortunately none of them really seem to cover much STi stuff. :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts