IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy just a drop in filter but I am not sure which one to go with?
I need some STi owners input.
I need to know what’s the difference between them, what are advantages and disadvantages?
I also heard that with theyse filers you can hear the oem blow off valve, is this true?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Actually, all you have to do is remove the resonator from the air box and you will here the turbo and the bypass valve loud and clear.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EuroAutoFestival Oct 17-19 Greenville SC

gforced said:
Actually, all you have to do is remove the resonator from the air box and you will here the turbo and the bypass valve loud and clear.
How do you do it? What is the resonator?
Can it cause damage? Whats the purpose of it?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Rally Corsica (will Solberg start?)

The part that goes in the fender well and connects to the ram intake up front, you just remove that elbow that is inside the fender well. I actually took mine out and sawed off the big resonator box and reinstalled the elbow to keep everything held together. I think you can search for it on ScoobyMods. As far as damage and purpose, it is only allowing more noise, nothing else.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gforced said:
The part that goes in the fender well and connects to the ram intake up front, you just remove that elbow that is inside the fender well. I actually took mine out and sawed off the big resonator box and reinstalled the elbow to keep everything held together. I think you can search for it on ScoobyMods. As far as damage and purpose, it is only allowing more noise, nothing else.
Do you have any pictures?
Thanks for that information.
So what filter do you think I should buy, I am only looking for a drop in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: STis use same air filters as 2.0l WRXs?

Hey, I just installed a green filter and it works great. I did have problems obtaining the recharge kit from Green Filters thou. Other than that, oh yes you can hear the by pass valve if all else is quiet, obviously not over the receiver. By the way I voted for the green filter. :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rim scrape repairs- what paint color?

canossti said:
Hey, I just installed a green filter and it works great. I did have problems obtaining the recharge kit from Green Filters thou. Other than that, oh yes you can hear the by pass valve if all else is quiet, obviously not over the receiver. By the way I voted for the green filter. :D
If you can you post some video so that we can see and hear what you mean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts